Topbox December 2013

Monday 16 December 2013

in

This weekend was lovely because I came home to two boxes an a Julep order.  This morning got a little brighter when my LuxeBox arrived.  Can't wait to review that one in a few days once my final exam is over.  One little teaser though: love the Essie polish.

Back to Topbox...


As usual, four items.  There is a coconut lip balm, perfume, nail polish, and an eye cream.  Not too bad.  Bonus!  The box is the perfect size for wrapping up some of my mom's presents from Lush!

 Estée Lauder Modern Muse Eau de Parfum Deluxe Sample 2.9 mL
Value $3.33

Growing up I thought this was a brand for my mom, but they have done some serious rebranding.  Instead of smelling like a "Mom" perfume, this smells elegant and classy.  Perfect for lunch with the Grandparents, dinner with your boyfriend and his parents, or even for grabbing brunch with your best friends.  It smells ladylike, and who doesn't want to smell, and feel, like a classy young lady?


Belvada Coconut Lip Butter - Full Sized - 10 mL
Value $10

Nothing special, but it smells yummy, moisturizes well, and reminds me of the ones at the Body Shop.  The packaging leaves much to be desired, but it does the job.


Cuccio Colour Nail Lacquer - Full Sized - 14 mL
Value $10

I get nail polish sent monthly from Julep, so I am always hoping for something else from my boxes.  That aside, this polish applies well (2 coats in the following photo), and is a pretty cherry red.  Not sure if I will keep it or gift it, but either way its nice.  I was only a tiny bit disappointed that it was "Cuccio" and not "Gucci".  Read the label wrong when I first saw it! Oh well, a girl can dream!


Skiin Smoothing and Soothing Eye Cream 3mL
Value $9.99


 The packaging doesn't make me excited.  But I won't judge a cream by its cover.  I already have my skin care routine working well, but will set this aside for my mom.  Other reviews seem to rate it well.  It doesn't show up well in photos but it has little air bubbles or beads in it.  Neat.

Total Value $30.32
What I paid $12

Love Modern Muse and the lip balm.  Pretty indifferent to the other two.  Not bad Topbox, but I hope next month is better (and maybe has a Privé option...)


No comments:

Post a Comment