REVLON Kiss Balms | Fresh Strawberry, Berry Burst, Tropical Coconut

Monday 5 December 2016

in
revlon kiss balms

Last month some time I had the opportunity to preview Revlon's Winter/Spring 2017 Collection. And while there are quite a number of things I am looking forward to sharing with you, I think I am actually the most excited about their new Kiss Balms. Today I am here with lip and arm swatches of three of their flavours.
So let's start off with why I am so into these balms. I actually don't really reach for lip balms in general. However, my office is dry as a bone basically all year, and winter winds are on their way. When I first smelled "Tropical Coconut" I was immediately thinking of Pina Coladas and the Varadero beaches (23 more days but hey, whose counting?). But it gets better-- see these are actually perfect for my upcoming beachy vacay because they have SPF 20.  They smell yummy. They make my lips feel good. And sun protection? Yup I'm in.

With just a hint of colour, these hydrating and sheer lip balms come in 6 flavours: Sweet Cherry, Fresh Strawberry, Juicy Peach, Tropical Coconut, Crisp Apple and Berry Burst. I found that these lasted a little over an hour on my lips without eating or drinking. Wear time is average for a balm, but I don't mind because they are so easy to apply. As for colour? It just fades-- it isn't splotchy. They are so sheer that you hardly notice the tint when they are applied in the first place.

revlon kiss balms fresh strawberry tropical coconut berry blast swatch

revlon kiss balms fresh strawberry tropical coconut berry blast swatch

Top to bottom: Tropical Coconut, Fresh Strawberry, and Berry Burst

Tropical Coconut smells like pineapple and coconut-- a classic Pina Colada. This is my favourite of the bunch, partly because it is not tinted, but mostly because it tastes so delicious.

Fresh Strawberry is such a classic flavour and colour. It smells like every other artificial strawberry, and leaves behind a nice pinkened hue. Personally I am kind of meh on this flavour, though I know my mom would love it. I think The Body Shops strawberry scent has just turned me off strawberry scented bath and beauty products in general.

Berry Blast is my favourite tint. It has a sweet berry smell, but I love the slightly mauvey pink tone it leaves my lips with. I have beet reaching for this some mornings when I want a really light natural look-- think BB cream, brows, mascara, blush & lip balm.

Overall I love that these come in such a unique variety of scents. While there of course are the classics (strawberry, cherry, berry) there are some unexpected scents too (peach, coconut and apple!).

These will retail with a suggested retail price of $6.99 CAD and are set to be released in stores in January. However, I have already seen these at a few Shoppers Drug Marts around Toronto-- so if you want to get your hands on these it shouldn't be too hard.

What are your beach vacay essentials? Which lip balm are you most excited about?

Fresh Strawberry and Berry Blast were provided from PR. I loved the smell of Tropical Coconut at the event so much that I went out and bought it in store myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment