MARC JACOBS New Nudes Sheer Gel Lipstick | Understudy & Eat Cake

Wednesday 7 December 2016

in
MARC JACOBS New Nudes Sheer Gel Lipstick Understudy & Eat Cake

Marc Jacobs some how makes me lust over their purses, fragrances, and makeup! I am a long time fan of Marc Jacob Daisy perfume and recently have expanded my collection from the brand into makeup. I first got a Marc Jacobs lipstick in a Sephora birthday gift, and since then have fallen in love! I find that their lipsticks have a fantastic wear time, feel comfortable on the lips and somehow make my lips appear larger and more plump-- without any tingling!

Today I am reviewing two lipsticks from their New Nudes collection. These lipstick come in a beige-tench coat coloured tube. With a magnetic closure and a weighted base, these lipsticks feel like luxury from the moment it is placed in your hand. I really appreciate the magnetic closure because when these are floating around in my purse they stay closed. Now, on to the swatches!

MARC JACOBS New Nudes Sheer Gel Lipstick Understudy & Eat Cake

While at first glance, Eat Cake and Understudy appear basically the same, I find Eat Cake to be more pigmented and glossier, while Understudy is a touch less glossy. Additionally, Understudy is more pink, while Eat Cake is more coral. They both come in the "Satin" formula.

Both of these beautiful nude lipsticks are perfect for an easy every day look, or a classier special occasion. I love how easy they are to apply, their sweet vanilla scent, and how they last about four hours before gentle fading away. Not patchy at all, they are so comfortable on the lips. When looking for the perfect lipstick for work, I always appreciate it when it fades away nicely, because I don't always have time for touch ups during the day.

I love these for winter because they are infused with monoi butter and vitamin E-- these lipstick are hydrating and soft on the lips. These lipsticks are perfect to polish up your look. They retail for $38 and can be purchased at Sephora.

Let me know what you think of this new lip swatching style I have been using in my last few lip focused posts. I've really been loving it!

Products were provided for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment