Champagne Pop Review & Swatches Compared to Becca Moonstone and Opal

Friday 10 July 2015

in
Becca Champagne Pop

Sometimes a new product hits the market and the beauty world goes wild, and rational me talks myself out of purchasing it because I already have something similar.  That was entirely my plan with this highlighter.  After all, I already have a deluxe mini of Becca's Opal, and a highlighter by Laura Mercier that I use almost daily.  Besides, I don't even really follow Jaclyn Hill.  But then it all went downhill with the ladies of the CBB created the biggest enabling threat in the history of ever.  I might have cheated on my no-buy a tiny little bit, but I am so very glad I did.  This highlighter is stunning.  Keep reading for swatches comparing it to Moonstone and Opal, and to see it on my face.


Becca Champagne Pop

Champagne Pop is a "limited-edition, creamy, luminizing powder to illuminate the face with a soft, pearlized glow".  Becca collaborated with Jaclyn Hill (a well known youtube beauty blogger and make up artist).  Described as her "dream shade", Champagne Pop is a light gold with peach undertones.  Where as Moonstone is a winter highlighter, and Opal a summer highlighter (at least in my humble opinion), Champagne Pop is perfect for all seasons, but looks particularly lovely as a nice summer glow.  When I first put it on my face, the glow reminded me of the soft glow you get o your face when you are sitting around a bon fire at dusk roasting marshmallows.  My only complaint about this shade is that it is limited edition, meaning that when I run out then I am out of luck.  I hope they bring this in to the permeant collection.

Becca Champagne Pop

Champagne Pop retails for $46 CAD.  It is sold out online, but will be restocked in many stores on July 16th.  I recommend calling ahead to your nearest location to see if they have one in the back that they can put on hold for you.  I got this one by calling Sephora's Bloor Street location and then picking it up after work.

Becca Champagne Pop Moonstone Opal swatch

Moonstone is a white gold highlighter that would be perfect for a nice winter glow.  Champagne Pop is a beautiful light gold.  Opal is a stunning rose toned gold that looks perfect with a nice summer tan.  Each of these highlighters retails for $46 CAD.  They all have the same creamy powder formula that is softer than any other powder I have touched. 

I should have also photographed Moonstone over Opal, as it looks very similar to Champagne Pop on its own.

Becca Champagne Pop v Moonstone Opal swatch

Moonstone, Champagne Pop and Opal swatched with flash.  

I think each highlighter shade is sufficiently different that you can merit owing all three.  I always thought Moonstone was more silver, but seeing how flattering it was in store only makes me want to go buy it this fall.  If you have the chance to pick up Champagne Pop I encourage you to do so as it is the perfect medium between the two, and it will be gone before you know it!

sephora brush 73

I use Sephora #73 brush to apply this highlighter along my cheek bones, the bridge of my nose, and my cupid's bow for optimal glow.

Becca Champagne Pop

Yesterday I applied this highlighter with a light hand.  The highlighter is most visible on the top of the apple of my cheek.  If you want a softer look, a duo-fibre or fan brush is probably your best bet.  Personally, I prefer a bit more noticeable highlighter, so I almost always use Sephora's #73 brush (flat side) to apply.

Today I applied contour, blush, and Champagne Pop, and then put my hair in a messy bun to really bring out my bone structure.

Sorry in advance for all the selfies!  I just feel so pretty wearing this buttery highlighter and I want you to see!  

Becca Champagne Pop

Wearing Champagne Pop

For maximum glow I apply this highlighter along the top of my cheek bones, the bridge of my nose, and my cupid's bow.  It is easy to get a lot of product on the brush, so I prefer to tap some off before I apply.  A little goes a long way, and with this beauty gentle layers are best as they create a natural glow.  If you are planning a night on the town it is easy to layer on a little bit more to be ready to go!

I find this highlighter to be quite shimmery.  So if you prefer more subtle highlight then this is not the product for you.  Step away slowly.  Repeat.  Step away slowly.

Becca Champagne Pop pale skin

Wearing Champagne Pop pale skin

Given its shimmer it is also prone to bring out the skin's natural texture.  Let's just say that I personally would not purchase this for my mom.  Of course, you do you and if you want it go for it!  That's just my thought.  

Wearing Champagne Pop pale skin

Wearing Champagne Pop pale skin

This product has minimal fall out, and blends like a dream.  Now that I own this guy, is it bad that I want to buy Opal and Moonstone too?  This is my first experience with a full size Becca highlighter (I got a mini in this Sephora set) and I am totally in love.  The glow lasts all day, and I start my morning feeling pretty.  If I have a chance to grab a back-up I think I just might!  Seriously, I feel so pretty wearing this!

Have you picked up Champagne Pop yet?  What do you think?

Also wearing Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Strawberry, ABH Contour, Tarte blush, Dior Nude Skin 010 Foundation.

Hi friends!  I have some very exciting news to share with you.  In July 2016 I am officially launching a YouTube channel.  You can visit my channel and follow me by clicking here.  I will share many of my videos on my blog, and look forward to maintaining my blog while also exploring YouTube.  When I hit 500 subscribers I will be having a small giveaway, and when I hit 1000 subscribers I will be BIG giveaway.  I can't wait to explore this new medium with you and I hope you will join me along the way.  xoxoxo Alanna

10 comments:

  1. Gah, I had full intention to skip on this one cause I had jumped through hoops getting the JH Morphe palette and told myself that was it. I don't own any other Becca highlighters (full sized) either, so maybe... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to skip it too but I am so glad I didn't! Buying this made me want every other Becca highlighter! x)

      Delete
  2. this shade is just so perfect and you look amazing! i am definitely lusting over moonstone for winter too <3 my sephora order arrived today so i hope i can photograph and wear it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Agreed! Needed for winter. I can't wait to see it on you! :)

      Delete
  3. Erp Alanna, this is gorgeous! I caved and bought it as well! I sort of rationalized it because I have very very few highlighters. I wasn't really planning on picking up Moonstone or Opal so I thought this would be good! :) So far I'm so happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And glad you love it! It is so pretty <3

      Delete
  4. I have the mini Opal too, but to be honest Moonstone is my dream shade. So I'll be one of the rare people who'll pass on this! But LBR I've seen this on almost every CBB gal and it's gorgeous on everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha good for you for not getting caught up in the hype! Moonstone is totally on my list x)

      Delete
  5. Wow that looks amazing on you! Made me decide that I need this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I havent seen a person that this highlighter hasn't looked beautiful on!

      Delete