Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick in "Arthur"

Tuesday 21 July 2015

in
Last night I tried to switch my blog over to my own domain, however it did not go through properly, so hang with me and hopefully a call to GoDaddy will get it fixed on the weekend!


Coco Chanel once said that "Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance."  With that in mind, sometimes a lipstick simply needs to be a true, luminous red.  A few months ago I had the opportunity to redeem a whole bunch of Shoppers Optimum points at the Shoppers Drug Mart at the Toronto Eaton's Centre.  What better to redeem for than Chanel?

Named after her closest friends and favourite lovers, Chanel's Rouge Coco Lipstick collection is ultra hydrating with a hint of je ne sais quoi.  There is something wonderfully elegant about applying a quality lipstick, only enhanced by the thought of Coco Chanel's effortless French chic.  While I wanted basically the entire collection, I finally decided on Arthur.  Mainly for the orange-red colour, but also because the name Arthur runs in my family (as a middle name), and because it is one of Prince George's middle names ^.^

Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick Arthur

Arthur is described as a luminous red, it is not entirely opaque, and has warm undertones which compliment the orange-red hue.  If you have read my blog a few times, you will know how much of a fan I am of orange-red lipstick.  When applied it has a very smooth, nearly buttery texture completed with a subtle shimmer.  While this colour isn't revolutionary, and you probably do not need to pay $40 to achieve it, Chanel makes it with great quality and class.  Yes, you can dupe the colour.  But there is no way you can dupe the delicious feeling of knowing that you are wearing Chanel.  Silly?  Probably, but fashion doesn't have to make sense.  

Chanel Arthur

Of course, you can't just walk away from the Beauty Boutique with only one thing, so I ended up also grabbing Chanel's Precision Lip Definer in Scarlet.  On one end of the pencil there is a good quality lip brush, and on the other end there is, of course, the product.  Before applying Arthur I like to carefully line my lips with Scarlet and then blend it in a bit.  I find doing this helps my lipstick last all day.  On its own the lipstick usually lasts me three hours before I need a touch up, but with the liner I was able to attend an evening BBQ with out any concerns.  I found the lip liner also helped the lipstick fade in a more flattering way.

Chanel Arthur Swatch

Scarlet and Arthur

For me, half the fun of lipstick is thinking about what feelings it evokes in me.  Arthur makes me imagine an afternoon spent sipping wine on the coast of Nice in a navy bathing suit with  big floppy white hat.  To me, this colour is summer, and this colour is nautical.  

Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick Arthur

I felt so pretty in this classic make-up look!

Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick Arthur

Here we are in the car (boyfriend is driving) off to see some of my cousins in the Kawartha Lakes region in central-eastern Ontario!

Arthur is one of my favourite lipsticks that I have added to my collection in a while.  Sometimes I love it so much that I look at it in the morning and then put it down because the day isn't special enough to wear it.  I need to remind myself that the whole point of buying fancy lipsticks is to actually wear them!

What's your latest favourite lipstick?

2 comments:

  1. This colours looks great on you!
    I've never tried any makeup from Chanel - I should one day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always feel so pretty when I wear this! And you should :)

      Delete