Guest Post | Canadian Love & Indie Polish

Thursday 16 July 2015

in
Hello everyone!

I'm Chantal from Chantal's Corner and I'm really happy to be a guest for Classy on the Run today as part of the Canadian Beauty Bloggers' monthly guest posts.

Our theme this month is Canadian Love and at first I thought "oh yeah this will be easy!" But once I sat down and really thought about it I was drawing a blank as to what I was going to do. My first idea was to do some nail art with a beaver. I tried that and failed miserably; my beaver looked like a bear with a really weird looking tie, lol! There was no way I was going to show those nail to anyone, so back to the drawing board I went. I then remembered that I have two nail polishes from Cheeky Monkey Cosmetics (a Canadian brand) that would look really well together as a gradient, so that's what I did and this is the result!

cheeky monkey cosmetics gradient nail art



Here are all the products I used for this:


cheeky monkey cosmetics gradient nail art


After applying my base coat I put two coats of Get Wet as a base colour, then I used a makeup sponge to sponge on Get Wet and Anna's Eurotrash to create the gradient. I've learned the hard way that it's best to use a new sponge when switching hand because otherwise you'll end up with dry bits of nail polish over your gradient and dark/pale colours where you don't want them. And also grab a new sponge if you want to do some touch-ups after both hands are done.

Once you're happy with your gradient apply a top coat and voilà, you're done! :-)

cheeky monkey cosmetics gradient nail art

I really like how these colours blend together, I find it looks like the ocean meeting up with the sky.

cheeky monkey cosmetics gradient nail art

If you haven't heard of Cheeky Monkey Cosmetics before, make sure to check them out! They have some beautiful nail polish colours, and the product names are fun - some are quite risquÈ too! ;-)

cheeky monkey cosmetics gradient nail art


I hope you liked my little shoutout to a Canadian brand, and thank you Alanna for having me as your guest today!

- Chantal :-)



10 comments:

  1. Thank you again for having me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous nail art as always from chantal, this really has ocean vibes and i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I WOULD HAVE LIKED THE BEAR-VER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no evidence that the beaver ever existed, lol! Maybe I'll try to recreate it one day. :-)

      Delete
  4. I love it! I thought it looked like the ocean meets sky as well.
    I cannot tell a lie I really want to see the beaver attempt, that would've been the cutest Canadian nail art work ever!

    Your nails are so perfect I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I third the suggestion to see the beaver!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Holly! :D
      Apart from me talking about the beaver, there is no proof that it ever existed, lol! I didn't even show my husband, that's how much I was unhappy with it!! But maybe I'll try to recreate it one day. :-)

      Delete