Another (less than ideal) Birchbox | June 2015

Monday 13 July 2015

in
June 2015 Birchbox Canada

"Say Yes"...to the Dress.  Sorry!  I couldn't help myself.  TLC Wedding shows have my heart.  #sorrynotsorry.  This box just screams wedding, until you open it, but that's another story.  I was not too impressed by my May Birchbox (you can read about my little rant here) and I can't say that this box was any better.  On the bright side I am only a few months away from getting something really exciting from their store.  In this box you will see the exact same brands you have seen in every other Birchbox, but hey, at least you can enjoy my commentary alongside it.


June 2015 Birchbox Product Card
Product card, incase you really want the details on my box.
June Birchbox Unboxing
This is the unboxing of my June Birchbox,  Is it wrong that I think the best part is the actual box?
June Birchbox Unboxing
I wish I was more excited about this box.
 In my box this month I received a whole bunch of product that just don't do it for me.  Kinda just like last month, but shuffled around a bit.

A tiny Cynthia Rowley product (like February), a Beauty Protector product (like April?  I didn't blog about that box), a random hand cream, some sort of face peel, and a hair tie.  This month's beauty protector product is a body wash that smells alright.  The sea spray for hair is a seasonal touch but as usual isnt the best quality.  I don't trust any sort of face peel so that will be getting passed on, and I mean really?  A single hair tie?  Thanks.  Anyways all of these products will be given to my mom to enjoy except for the salt spray because I might be able to use that.  And the hair tie, because my mom has short hair.

The only perk of the hair tie is that it is worth an extra 10 points when reviewed which coverts to an extra $1 to spend in the store.  The Canadian Birchbox is such a disappointment compared to the American box.  They have the best brand partners, where as us Canadian girls just get the same five or six brands on repeat.  If any of my readers are considering a Birchbox subscription please consider using my link.  If not I would highly recommend an ipsy subscription (and again would appreciate you using my subscription link).

6 comments:

  1. I would have been disappointed too. That's really too bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blagh, I'm posting about this month's box next week. Let's just say the hand cream could have come from a hotel.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's really disappointing. Especially since it's like $10 you can't really use, and the packaging really isn't anything special.
    I don't think Birchbox will ever be on my list!

    Thanks for the review though...

    www.thethingislemons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoyed it! Birchbox and I will be breaking up soon

      Delete
  3. :( Glad I unsubbed a couple months back. I don't find beauty boxes fun anymore - I'd rather use that money to purchase something I actually want!

    ReplyDelete