Tried and Tested | Waterpark Proof Make-up

Thursday 30 July 2015

in


So you know when a product claims to be waterproof?  And then you end up looking like a raccoon? Yeah, well today I'm talking about waterpark proof make-up.  The stuff that won't leave your side no matter how many water slides you go down, no matter how long you stay in the wave pool.  Keep reading to find out how I kept my make-up on fleck while having a blast at Canada's Wonderland.
When I go to Wonderland I go to have fun, but I also want to look good in selfies I take on the way.  If you are curious about what I packed you can read about it here.  This is the make-up I applied at 6:30 AM and did not remove until I got home past midnight.


Of course in the morning I applied sunscreen, primer and foundation.  Through out the day I kept on applying sun screen, and by the time I left the water park my foundation was gone.  After I had my shower (careful not to rub my eyes) I used a Cetaphil* cloth to clean up any smudges under my eyes.  While some make-up may have smudged along the way the majority of it stayed on through the day (22 roller coaster rides, 12 water slides, 2 trips through the Lazy River, some time in the Wave Pool and a commute).


I started by applying my truest of true eyeshadow loves, MAC Paint Pot in "Painterly"  to my whole eyelid.  I love how this both acts as a primer, and brightens my whole eye area.  I then added my Laura Mercier Cavier Stick in "Rosegold" to my lid, and used my favourite matte palette, Urban Decay's Naked Basics to highlight the inner corner of my eyes and under my brows (Venus) and in my eye crease (Naked 2).  I completed my look with my favourite Kat Von D eyeliner pen in "Trooper" with a subtle cat eye, two coats of Benefit's Roller Lash Mascara and MAC "Strut" on my brows.  While I don't have a selfie on my own to post a "before" photo, (and I don't want to post a photo of my cousin with me because this is the Internet!), suffice to say my make-up had a "no make-up make-up" look, with a few enhancements.  By the end of the day I didn't look as perfect as I did when I left the house, but with no touch ups I would say this wasn't bad:


Now, I mentioned that I did a little touch up after I left the water park by cleaning up my under eye just a touch with a make-up cloth.  But, given the amount of sunscreen I applied, and the number of water slides I went on, I would say this wasn't bad!  Not only was everything I used that morning "water" proof, it was "water park" proof!

At Wonderland, my #1 focus is to have fun, so I loved not having to worry too much about if I looked like a raccoon or not.  I was just able to focus on enjoying the day, enjoying the sun, and enjoying my never ending cup of diet coke!

What are your favourite water proof make-up picks?  Are you going to Wonderland (or Six Flags for my American readers!) this summer?

Happy summer xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment