CHARLOTTE TILBURY | The Queen, So Marilyn, Very Victoria

Tuesday 6 December 2016

in
charlotte tilbury the queen swatch

This time last year I had never even heard of Charlotte Tilbury, and fast forward a year and I am just simply obsessed. Ob-sessed. I was first introduced to her products at a PR event last winter/spring (you can read about it here) and since then I have yet to try a product of hers that I have not loved. Some of my favourite products she makes are her lipsticks. Today I am here with some new-to-me Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks that have made their way into my collection. Keep reading for swatches and a review!


charlotte tilbury the queen swatch very victoria swatch so marilyn swatch

charlotte tilbury the queen swatch very victoria swatch so marilyn swatch

Comparing with the other Charlotte Tilbury shades in my collection.

charlotte tilbury the queen

The Queen

Named after our beautiful, graceful and timeless Queen, this shade is the sort of pinkened-red that women of all ages can wear. I love this pop of colour on my lips! This lipstick has Charlotte's square bullet, which isn't my favourite (I find it harder to apply). And while described as a "Luminous Matte", this specific lipstick is not as matte as her other matte formulas (such as say, Red Carpet Red). I found it comfortable to apply and not drying at all. I will say that I expected it to be a touch darker. Overall I love this lipstick and am glad that I ordered it as a little Christmas gift for myself.

charlotte tilbury very victoria

Very Victoria

When I opened the PR box and found this shade included I had two thoughts. First, that hey, Victoria is my middle name! And second, that this lipstick would be too brown and I would hate it. However, being the good beauty blogger that I am, I applied it to take a swatch photo...and then fell in love. While the bullet looks quite brown, it applies much more pink on the lips. This is a stunning nude lipstick that I know will make its way into my every day rotation. Again described as a "Luminous Matte" this lipstick is not particularity matte-- perhaps more of a demi-matte. While I still find the square bullet awkward to apply, given how sheer and nude this lipstick is I am left with more room for error. I am thrilled to have this lipstick in my collection. Love, love, love.

charlotte tilbury so marilyn

So Marilyn

Have you ever wanted a lipstick mostly for the name? If your answer is no than you can't really call yourself a make-up addict. This creamy true red comes in both my favourite formula and bullet shape from Charlotte. I love how easy it is to apply, and was quite impressed by the wear time. This glossy red is exactly what you need to top off your holiday looks this season!

Each lipstick retails for $38. The Queen is an online exclusive, but So Marilyn and Very Victoria can be purchased at the Charlotte Tilbury counter at Holt Renfrew, Nordstrom or on her website. 

So Marilyn and Very Victoria were gifted to my by PR. I purchased The Queen with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment