Ipsy | August 2014

Monday 1 September 2014

in
I'm back from my vacation!  Over the next few weeks I will be sharing photos of my hauls and reviews of the goodies I bought.

When I came home I had a huge pile of mail to go through.  One of the first packages I opened was my Ipsy bag!  How could I not?  It came in a hot pink bubble package (as usual!)


This month I received a blush, lip gloss, primer, eyeliner, mascara, and a crappy plastic bag.  The bag will be given as a gift to my cousin because, thankfully, she likes polka dots. Everything in this month's bag was tiny!  Super tiny.  Almost useless its so tiny.



Lord & Berry Black Silk Mini Kajal Kohl-liner

This eyeliner is literally the size of my pinky finger.  I would almost argue it is too small to effectively use.  Can you imagine sharpening it? There's nothing special about this eyeliner.  It works just like every other average black eyeliner pencil.  Which is nice, but I hardly use eyeliner in pencil form.  I'm more of a liquid/cream type of girl.  This eyeliner will probably end up going to my mom.


Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
I am really excited about this mascara.  Its brand new, with a nice big fluffy brush and a wet formula.  I really like that Ipsy has such a new, high profile product for us to test.  I hope they keep this up!  I haven't given the mascara a try yet as I am already working on getting through a few more.  I might toss this in my travel bag.




Costal Scents Forever Blush
The formula may be nice, but the size is awful.  Its nearly impossible to swirl a proper blush brush around in this tiny awkward pan.  At least it is really easy to depot and put in my Z-Palette.  I'm really not sure what to do with this...



Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer
I was really excited to receive this!  It is a pretty generous size, especially compared to the rest of the bag.  I was surprised that it was a nude coloured primer, but found that it did a good job at keeping my foundation on.  I will be using this up!

You're The Balm "Grape"
While I was in the States I saw these in packs of two at Marshalls for $3.99. This product is a bit of a dud to me.  I really don't like how it smells.  It smells like plastic grapes.  I might just scoop out the whole product and use the tin for jewellery when I travel.  If not, I will likely pass it on to my little cousin.  Its age appropriate for her!  Over all really not impressed by this.



Conclusions
Over all I am disappointed by this bag, especially compared to last months!  The bag its self it pretty crappy, and all of the products are tiny.  I am really happy that I got the Urban Decay mascara, and the Dr. Brandt primer.  Everything else was just too tiny to be useful, or too junky to feel nice.  I am happy with the mascara though-- great to be able to try out a new product before committing to the full size.  Especially considering it is a mascara with a unique brush.  Here's hoping that next month goes better!







No comments:

Post a Comment