My 10 Dream Destinations

Wednesday 8 March 2017

in
10 places I would love to travel venice

Ever since my first trip to Europe, I have suffered (enjoyed?) a sever case of wanderlust. Simply put, I was hooked on travel. I would go so far to say that I would be happy to go anywhere given the opportunity for it to be free or highly subsidised other than say, a war zone.

I took this photo in March 2011 as out boat approached Venice, Italy. 

Today I thought it would be fun to share with you a little list of places I would love to go one day. I think I have travel on the mind as I am in the middle of booking an epic trip for my boyfriend and I this summer. While I of course wish I could travel everywhere at once, restrictions of vacation days and money come into play.  In no particular order, 10 places I would love to travel:

English Country Side

I would love to travel the English country side when the roses are in bloom, stay in an old manor-tuned bed and breakfast, and enjoy a few quiet days. Horse back riding would be a must!

Eastern Europe

Two years ago I went to Poland for the first time and I fell in love. For me, part of it is that my grandma's family is Ukrainian, with my aunt being born in Warsaw. It was really special to learn a bit more about generally where my family is from. With so many beautiful castles, and history that I don't know well, I am eager to return and explore further east!

Luxe Tropical Island

Let's be honest: who doesn't dream of one day going to a luxury tropical island like Bali? I can only imagine how beautiful it would be. And how relaxing!

Turkey

I love Mediterranean and Middle Eastern food, so I can only imagine how delicious the food would be in a place where the two come together. Add to that my love of roses, the spa (a real Turkish bath!), and unique architecture...I almost went a few years ago but then some political instability popped up and I thought it better to wait.

Jordan

How stunning would it be to visit the ruins of Petra? I went to Israel a few years ago and I really enjoyed myself. I would love t go back to the Dead Sea-- so if I can head over to Jordan and then back to Israel one day? Amazing.

French Wine Country

Who doesn't love wine? I figure that I love doing a wine tasting experience in Niagara or in Prince Edward Country-- how much better would that be in France?

New Zealand

Sheep, lots of sheep. But also beautiful vistas, the ocean, being on the other edge of the world, lush greenery, the beach... this would have to be a multi-week trip including Australia and maybe somewhere in Asia!

Greek Island Cruise

So much feta cheese! I love the idea of taking a cruise-- I've never been-- and of enjoying the beach, the food, and the culture.

Southern Italy

I'm talking way down south in Italy. I would love to spend a week relaxing there by the beach, enjoying Italian wine, and authentic food, enjoying the sunshine. I have been to most of north and central Italy, and I wouldn't say no to going back, but I would love to be able to go back to a country I really enjoyed, but to a different area of it.

Canada's Far North

I have been pretty far into Northern Ontario, all things considered, but I would love to go to Whitehorse, or somewhere else far like that. To see some unspoilt beauty, the Northern Lights...

Where do you dream of travelling to one day?

No comments:

Post a Comment