Stocking Stuffers for Her | Gift Guide 2019

Monday 23 December 2019

in
stocking gift guide christmas gift guide for her 2019

I don't know how Christmas is already here, but yet here we are. These last few months have completely snuck up on me-- and if Christmas has caught you by surprise, no fear, because many of these goodies can be picked up by this crazy new concept called "Offline shopping". See, you go to the store, and then after paying leave with it right away! I know, a hilarious concept. My husband is nearly entirely reliant on Amazon Prime... but anyways, let's get into it!

A quick note: Some items in this gift guide were gifted, and others purchased with my own money. Items with a * were gifted.

Stockings are my absolute favourite to give and receive.  There's something so lovely about getting the perfect stocking: a whole bunch of little goodies hand-selected for you. A mix of wants, and needs, wrapped up in the cutest of all Christmas packaging!

Laline has just launched in Canada, and you can find them in store at the Eaton's Centre (when I last walked by many things were 40% off!). You'll see another favourite in my other gift guide, but here I wanted to focus on some of their mini products. In particular, their mini Dead Sea body lotion* and liquid bath salt* (perfect for those who don't have a bath tub!). I also love their Monoi scent (it reminds me of my honeymoon in Bora Bora) and Violet Amber.

stocking gift guide christmas gift guide for her 2019


Mary Kay's Mad About Masking* gift set ($30 CAD) contains four single-use masks, meaning there will be something for all skin types! Dewy Gal was my favourite of the bunch -- but winter always gets my skin super dry so that should come as no surprise!

Their Ultrastay Lip Lacquers* ($47 CAD) took my by complete surprise. Containing a lip colour (cherry, rose, or plum), a lip sealer, and a remover, these remind me of (what I think was a Mary Kay) a product that my mom had back in the 90s that would seal in your lip colour. First, you apply the colour (I am obsessed with the red!). I couldn't get over how awkward and uncomfortable it felt once it dried down. However, after I applied the sealer it was so comfortable, and totally transfer proof. To remove, just use the oil based remover and use a cotton round. I can't wait to rock "Cherry" while I host Christmas dinner for my family! #HostessWithTheMostess

Amazon's two day shipping never ceases to amaze me. And while I was only looking for 3 scrunchies, you can't argue with the price of this 14 piece scrunchie set ($12.99 CAD). In a range of solid and floral wearable colours, such as navy, mustard, dusty pink, cream and grey (basically, Alanna colours), these look cute in my hair and are super functional. This could be a great gift to split up in a few stockings, or maybe even a gift exchange with friends. I wasn't the first to hop back on the scrunchie train, but its here and I am loving it! 

(Loving those cute bows that I accessorized these photos with? Dollarama. #BloggerSecrets).

(And that totally luxe flat lay background? One of those warm fuzzy blankets they convince you to buy at the cash at Indigo).

stocking gift guide christmas gift guide for her 2019


From left to right

Add some twinkle under the tree (or, err, in the stocking... which could be under the tree?) with this adorable Bomb Baby 2 Mini Lip Gloss and Highlighter* ($31 CAD) by Fenty. I love Fenty lipglosses partly because of how they look on the lips, but also partly for their massive doe-foot applicator!

I snagged this great little Benefit set for Black Friday for $20 (I think?). It contains a full-sized They're Real mascara in black (worth $32) and Gimme Brow in Shade 3. Benefit Cosmetics holiday sets are always a great value: a mix of full size and deluxe mini products in their permeant collection at unbelievable deals.

Bite Beauty knows lip care -- that's why I bought three of these agave lip sets when they were on sale for $9 (regular price $27 CAD). I tossed two in my husband's stocking because in the winter he is always asking me for a lip balm for his chapped lips. With a sweet-yet-neutral scent, this set contains a mini lip balm, a mini lip mask (which I often wear to sleep) and a mini night treatment. Since they are going through a reformulation process to make all of their products vegan, I was also able to nab a set of four of their mini lipsticks for $14 (regular $28 CAD). These rich hues are wearable all year long!

This summer MAC launched some fun scented mini Fix+, that you can still find at their stores and on Sephora's website! I really enjoy Peony ($18 CAD). Some days I find myself doing my makeup at work (I keep a full makeup bag at my desk!) and this is the perfect addition to help it last all day long. And I mean, that smell...

Around the holidays I love burgundy and gold nails. Essie Nailed It?* (found at your local drugstore for about $10 CAD) is one of my favourites!

stocking gift guide christmas gift guide for her 2019

When I first smelled Céla's Crème de la Crème* ($37 CAD) I couldn't place the scent -- only that it smelled warm and familiar. After much use I have determined that it is best described as a Terry's Chocolate Orange, in the best possible way. This hand cream is perfect to keep at the office, and would make any mom, grandma, or young professional thrilled. I was first introduced to it by a colleague, and then I was hooked. You can pick that, or their Essential Balm* ($45 CAD) at their spa on King West, or their pop-up at Bayview Village (or online!). Maybe while you are in store, you would like to pick up a gift card for under the tree... (did I mention that this is a Canadian brand?)



stocking gift guide christmas gift guide for her 2019

I found these stunning Anthropologie Home wine stoppers at The Bay one evening on my way home from work and fell in love. The silver one is a penguin, and the gold is a swan! I wasn't able to locate it on The Bay's website, but nearly any of their products would be a wonderful gift! I managed to snag these on sale for less than $10 each.

I've also been busy shopping up a storm at Homesense looking for the perfect Christmas decor. I love this star, which would look jut as good on a tree as it would on your front door! This tree has been perfect on our coffee table (and we have angels and reindeer to match!). The star was $6.99 and the tree was $9.99 (for this size!). Feel free to gift Christmas decor... or just keep it for yourself ;)

stocking gift guide christmas gift guide for her 2019

Finally... deluxe mini products! Get these for free with your Sephora purchases, or in ipsy bags. Anything that isn't perfect for you, set it aside for this time of year to gift to friends, put in stockings, or donate to those who need it more! I know I would be thrilled to get some Sephora minis in my stocking! Pro tip: start putting these away during the summer!

And there you have it, my stocking gift guide for her this year! 

Merry Christmas & happy gifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment