Birchbox Canada | January 2015

Wednesday 21 January 2015

in
This is Birchbox Canada's second box, and I am still making up my mind on the box. I am sure they are still feeling out the Canadian market and developing an understanding of our preferences.  I hope they have learned from Target's approach to Canada, and their eventual closure that Canadians want comparable products to the States, but that our market preferences are still distinct.  So far I have found Birchbox to be a bit of a disappointment, but I will get into that a bit more after I review the products I received.





I liked that this box was hot pink!



Product card!


ModelCo - Party Proof Lipstick in Dusk Till Dawn

This lipstick is creamy and pigmented, and of a reasonable quality.  I like that is is full sized.  However, despite the fact that the shade is trendy, I don't think mauve-brown works for me.  I will be offering this to my mom.

Joie - Folle de Joie eau de parfum

Not impressed that a product that I can get as a free sample was included as a real sample.  

Tocca - Crema da Mano - Cleopatra

I was pretty excited to see a Tocca item in my box.  This retails for about $10 at Sephora.  Cleopatra is grapefruit scented which isn't my favourite of the Tocca scents (Florence <3) however it smells fresh and fruity, and is pretty hydrating.  Anything to combat dry skin in Canadian winter!

Beauty Protector - Beauty Protector Protect & Treat Hair Mask

On one hand I don't like to see brand repeats two months in a row, as this is something I don't like about Ipsy.  However, I really liked my product I got from this brand last month.  This has a similar scent to last month-- sweet.  I liked that they gave me two of the little tubs.  The product is pretty thick, and baby pink in colour.  I found it did a good job of hydrating my hair and helping out my ends.  I would consider purchasing this product.

Embryolisse - Lait-Crème Concentré

Meh.  This product is pretty small and nothing all too exciting.

My thoughts so far...

So far I have found that Birchbox is heavy on creams and light on make-up.  I'm not really a fan of that.  In each box I have only received one make-up item, and have got hand creams two months in a row.  I really like their points system, and their customer service is fantastic.  I keep on seeing fantastic items in their American boxes, so I will give them another month or two before deciding if I will stick with this box.  If only there was a box that blended the best of Ipsy and the best of Birchbox...

What do you think so far?



No comments:

Post a Comment