ipsy | November 2015

Thursday 17 December 2015

in
ipsy unboxing november 2015

Blargh, writing about ipsy bags sometimes is something I am never on time with.  I think lately it is because I haven't been thrilled with my bags as a whole.  Any ways my December bag showed up yesterday so if I needed motivation to get this one done...well that's it!  Keep reading to see what I thought!
This bag hits the nail on the head in terms of maintaining a theme.  The bag is so pretty, and all of the products compliment it, so five gold stars for that ipsy!  I love the pinks, blues and navys on the bag, and know that I will get considerable use out of it!  Always great to have fun little bags like this lying around.

I was the most excited about my new Crown Brush.  Pointed crease brushes are literally my favourite, and I can never have too many!

I was also pretty delighted about my China Glaze Nail Polish in Travel in Colour.  It came in two other colours this month and I was happy to get my top pick!  I think this polish is the perfect compliment to the bag.  I haven't used it yet (I like looking at it in the bottle!) but I am looking forward to it!

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara was my go-to mascara in high school and first year university, however now I find it does not offer the dramatic volume and length I have come to love.  Thankfully my friend Alex expressed an interest in this product, so I will be passing it along her way! 

Beaute Basics included a watery gel eye liner and brush.  I love the idea of a navy liner, but...

ipsy unboxing november 2015

ipsy unboxing november 2015

This eye liner has the consistency of a serum.  It is really, really wet, thin and runny.  Not impressed.  It applied streaky and takes a while to dry.  Thanks, but no thanks.

ipsy unboxing november 2015

Is it just me or does this hair product kind of look like a Twilight advertisement?  Is it wrong that that image turns me off of the product?  Is that silly? The Coolway Strong Hold Hair Spray may be an effective product, but I literally just can't with the packaging.  

So over all I love the bag, my new Crown Brush and my China Glaze polish.  I didn't love my other inclusions as much, but at least the Smashbox mascara is going to a loving home.  The CAD/USD exchange is painful, making the bag about $20 each month.  Sometimes I think of cancelling but at the end of the day it is a pretty fun indulgence.  I don't think the exchange rate will improve any time soon.  I have limited my Julep add-ons though (well except for this month!).

It would really make my day is you decide that ipsy is right for you if you would sign up with my link.  I'm saving up for a 1500 point ColourPop point perk!

Do you subscribe to ipsy?  What do you think of it?

2 comments: