My Makeup Story Tag!

Tuesday 3 January 2017

in
charlotte tilbury makeup

I found this tag while scrolling through The Glam Surge's blog and I thought it would be fun to do :)

Hi friends! I am in beautiful Varadero, Cuba this week with my family. I won't really have internet access so I won't be replying to anybody on any platform. I have pre-scheduled some posts. Hope you enjoy xoxo

How old were you when you first started wearing makeup?

Well there's the makeup that I wore for my annual ballet and jazz recitals as a kid (5?) and then there's the makeup I started wearing in my every day life. So let's go with that. I started wearing mascara, lip gloss and sometimes shimmery baby pink eyeshadow to school in grade 7 or 8 and transitioned to a full face including foundation and all that stuff by about grade 10.

How did you get into makeup?

It all started with Lip Smackers. I had to have them in every possible scent and colour... and now here I am using my blog to justify my makeup hoarding. Kidding-- (mostly) -- it was a combo of that, and watching What Not To Wear. Stacey and Clinton were always hilarious, but I was always so impressed by how Carmindy could, with just a few products, totally transform the woman into a prettier, more polished version of herself.

What are some of your favourite brands?

I am always pretty happy with Too Faced, Make Up Forever, and Charlotte Tilbury. I think that they do a good job at every product they make. Then there are other brands, like I love Smashbox lipsticks, Benefit brow products, Dior foundations, etc where I am completely in love with some of their offerings.

What does makeup mean to you?

Makeup to me, means many things. However at the end of the day it is a tool for self-expression. It can boost your confidence, change your mood and so much more.

If you could only wear four products on your face, what would they be?

I would be wearing foundation, mascara, some sort of brow product and a luminous matte mid toned bronzer that I could use to contour and as a blush.  I would be wearing Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation, Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer, Colour Pop brow pencil in "Dope Taupe", and Tarteist mascara.

What is your favourite thing about makeup?

My favourite thing about makeup is that it is empowering. Now, there is nothing empowering about feeling a need to wear a full face of makeup to get groceries. I am confident enough in my skin to go out bare faced, full faced, and everywhere in between. What I mean by "empowering" is that on days when you don't feel as pretty, or on days that you need a confidence boost, or on just any day you can apply some product and completely change your perception of yourself. You can add a bold red lip, or a sharp contour and then look at your Snapchats and go "yaaaas". I also love that it empowers me to polish up my look and play up my best features.

What do you think of drugstore vs. high end makeup?

I think it is all about the individual product's quality. While I personally tend to prefer higher end products, I know that that is not in everybody's budgets. I think that Essence in particular makes some fantastic products at a budget price point. I have also recently tried some of the L'Oreal Infalliable foundations and they are a really great foundation from the drugstore.

What is one tip of advice you can give a beginner?

Blend, blend, blend. Get your foundation matched properly. Develop a signature look that you feel pretty and confident in and can do in ten minutes or less.

What is the one makeup trend you've never understood?

Hmm...probably pencil thin eyebrows.

What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube (or Blogging Community)?

I really love it.  I have made friends from all over the world, and in my own city. I love getting to share my love of beauty with others who are just as passionate about it as I am. I know some people have experienced cattiness, but I have only found encouragement and positivity :)

I encourage everybody to do this tag & comment with a link to your answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment