February | Shopping My Stash

Saturday 7 February 2015

in

One of my New Years Resolutions this year was to shop my stash.  While January was a crazy month for me, I have buckled down and decided to kick it off in February.  I should note, that I did try to make better use of what I already own in January.  Just no pretty photography or such to go with it.  The whole reason I wanted to shop my stash this year is that lately I feel like I obtain make-up for the sake of having it, rather than using it. But with graduation coming up soon, and my desire to move on to the next stage of my life, I think my money would be better placed in a savings account.  That's not to say no make-up purchases, I jut want to make sure I am purchasing items that I will genuinely use and love.  



Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights in "Baked Stardust"

Once upon a time I loved this enough to hit some serious pan.  I am going to rotate this back into my regular use and continue to also use it as an eyeshadow.  

Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in "Peony"

I some how got this as a perk from Sephora, used it a few times, and tossed it in my lip bin.  This month, as you can tell, is all about the pinks for me, so I can't wait to show it some love.

MAC Pro Longwear Blush in Stay Pretty (?)

Another depotted product that I seriously hit pan on.  I love this light, matte pink blush and how natural and glowing it makes me look.  I can't believe that I forgot about it!

Smashbox Full Exposure Mini Palette

Yeeeeah so I purchased this in the Fall and proceeded to swatch it...and yeah.  Oops?


Benefit Ooh La Lift

This is an under eye brightener that I have never, ever used.  It came in a large pack of minis I purchased at Ulta in the summer.  Time to see what its all about!

Julep Lip Gloss in "Enchanted"

A super pretty, peachy pink lip gloss that I used frequently in the summer and then put away when I moved back home.  I love Julep's lip gloss formula, so this will be fun to put back in my purse!


Sometimes small shadow palettes drift to the bottom of my make-up case, never to be seen again.




Swatched to correlate with the pan above.

I am really excited about the top, second from right Champagne shade, and the cooler matte brown.  I think I will be able to create a heck of a lot of day and night looks with this little guy.  My goal is to make this the only eyeshadow set I use this month (unless I need colours for some reason?).  I think its do-able.

I am really excited to see how this experiment goes.  I think I need to be more grateful for the beautiful make-up I do have, rather than lusting after the things I don't.  I am really trying to be more frugal this year, as I save my money for a girls trip to Washington DC at the end of the month, and a possible trip to central Europe this spring.  In the mean time I am focusing really hard on saving as much money as I can, and avoiding the temptation that is Bloor Street.

Are you going to try shopping your stash?  Let me know how it goes! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment