Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani | Rock Steady

Tuesday 22 March 2016

in
urban decay gwen stefani rock steady lipstick

This purchase is proof that samples work.  In January I purchased the Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani eye shadow palette (read my review here) and I honestly thought that would be my only purchase from that collection.  Well in the package there was a sample card with four limited edition lipsticks. For fun, I tried each one... and now we're here.  Keep reading for my full review!
Some of the other lipsticks on that card I tried were nice, I felt like I already had them.  Do you know how hard it is to find a darker lipstick that applies evenly?  Exactly. Well when I put this one on I honestly felt sexy, powerful, basically like a total badass rockstar.  And if a lipstick can transform how you feel that quickly, well then it is true love and you need each other.

urban decay gwen stefani rock steady lipstick

Her lipstick collection is interesting because it includes finishes ranging from sheer to matte and colours from nude to hot pink to this stunning deep red. Everything in this limited edition collection comes housed in stunning white, black and gold packaging that has really grown on me.

Rock Steady Lipstick is described as a "deep wine cream".  This deep red-burgundy is super glossy. It offers fantastic coverage in one swipe, but with some lip liner and some touch up it is full coverage. When it faces it leaves quite a stain.  When I first got it I swatched it on the back of my arm and the stain stuck around for two days even after I showered. 

Rock Steady Lip Liner applies smoothly and easily.  With a colour as bold as this one I did not want to run the risk of colour bleed or feathering.  Sometimes a lip liner is the right investment.  This is one of those times.  

For my personally this lipstick/lip liner is unlike any other in my collection, which says a lot.  It is always difficult to find a good coverage dark lipstick, but this one fits the bill. It applied evenly, and faces to a stain which makes it a lower maintenance product (yay!).  This lipstick just makes me want to toss on a leather jacket and walk around like I own the place.

I am wearing the lip liner and lipstick in all photos.

urban decay gwen stefani rock steady lipstick

As you can see it is fairly glossy and with some slip, but it does not mess around.

urban decay gwen stefani rock steady lipstick

I am literally obsessed with wearing this.

urban decay gwen stefani rock steady lipstick

Seriously can I have a cooler life so I can wear this to cool parties and stuff?

urban decay gwen stefani rock steady lipstick

Rocksteady lipstick retails for $21 CAD, the lip liner retails for $24 CAD.

Have you tried anything from this collection?  What is your favourite?  Anything I should keep an eye out for? :)

PS I am hosting a pretty sweet blog giveaway.  You can enter it here. Good luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment