101 Empties | A Mass Review

Sunday 19 April 2015

in

I have a secret to share with you.  When I manage to gather this many empties it takes me a few days to write the post.  I will write a paragraph here and there until I reach the end.  Sometimes writing this many mini-reviews is daunting work.  There is only so many different ways to say "I liked this product, but not enough to actually purchase it" with out sounding like a broken record.  But I shall try! 

Life has been a bit hectic these last six weeks, with my undergraduate degree winding down in the form of countless essays and exams, I haven't really had much time to do anything fun.  Hence why March had less than 10 posts on the blog.



Dior Nudeskin "010" is my go-to foundation.  For countless reasons I love it, and have repurchased it.  When you find the foundation that is your perfect match, keep it.  I also really ended up loving Smashbox Foundation Primer in "Light" and have since purchased it.  I love that it has less of a silicone feel to it. Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara was once upon a time my go-to, but I have since started seeing other people mascaras.  I did not really care for the Buxom (weird brush), YSL Doll Lash (?) (too flakey) or the Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Curl (not enough volume; too flakey) mascaras.  Tarte's new primer was nice, but too thick and Lancome's  primer felt just like every other clear silicone primer.  Finishing up this mini section: a NYX bronzer which smashed on the floor and was repaired about four times.  The final time is smashed to dust, and that was the end.  I liked it, but I have so many bronzers that it won't be missed, and a MAC blush that met the same fate.  

Total: 10

Done section 1!

On to the section that keeps my hands soft.

I love love love the formula that Fortune Cookie Soap uses for their whipped body creams.  While I found the Witch Please scent to be too mush like PSL (I am not a pumpkin person.  This made my boyfriend's mom very sad), I loved the more fruity Fried Pussycat from their winter collection.  L'Occitane's standard Shea Body Cream is thick an wonderful and perfect for winter as always.  I love the baby powder-eqsue scent.  While I enjoyed their Rose hand cream I found it a bit too rnny for my liking.  I really enjoyed my deluxe sized Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Milk Scrub.  Not only does it smell like a luxe spa on a tropical island, but it leaves my hands super soft.  I would love to grab another of these should I ever run out of hand scrubs.  Finally, the hand cream that came in the house, from a past Memebox and a brand I forget, was perfectly nice and rose-scented.  I am really excited to keep the little house to be a home to other products and things.  Tehehehehe

Total: 6
Grand total: 16

On to section 3 and then bedtime and I will write more tomorrow or the next day. 


Lush's D'Fluff is basically the only shaving cream I use anymore.  It leaves me with silky smooth legs and smells like bubblegum #win.  Speaking of bubblegum and Lush, I adore their Bubblegum Lip Scrub, again because it works, and because it smells so very yummy.  Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Hair Spray also has an oddly soothing and sweet scent for hairspray.  I enjoy using this when I travel and will be sure to pick up another!  Julep's Oxygen Top Coat is now my go-to, thankfully I have like four more to finish #ThanksMysteryBoxes.  Last but not least, from Julep I have their Ta-Da Quick Dry Drops.  I am not huge on the cedar scent, or how they leave my fingers oily, so while it works, I do not see myself re-purchasing.  

Total: 5
Grand Total: 21

Okay, one more section and then I need to sleep.  Lol.  Kidding.  Tired.  The next post has like a billion things in it any all were tiny.  And...just...no.  I have important things to do tomorrow that involve being a functional adult and waking up at an unhuman hour.  


New day, a week later.  Let's see how much further I can get.  Note to self: never let your empties bag overflow.

Ummm well I purchased Dior Star 010 so as you can probably tell I really liked it.  Josie Maran Bear Naked Nail Wipes  were really nice, removed my nail polish and left my nails feeling hydrated.  The Burberry foundation sampled from Nordstorm were ah-mazinggggggg but super super expensive so sadly not right now.  I liked the Givenchy Le Rouge lipstick sample but I am trying not to buy any more lipstick right now. Everything else was nice, but I will not be purchasing them.

Total: 12
Grand Total: 33


Quo makes nice cotton rounds, but I find that The Body Shop makes nicer ones that can usually be found on sale.  I like that they don't dissolve when I use them and that they are substantive enough to remove heavy makeup.  I am not the biggest fan of this particular Ole Henriksen (African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser) because I find it a bit drying.  I use his other cleanser, but I have a bunch of these minis from various gift sets.  Caudalie's Vinosource Moisture Sorbet (as evidence by the fact that I have two side by side empties) is wonderful for spring and summer.  I love how light it is-- not greasy, not heavy, but gets the job done.  It makes my skin feel fresh and glowing every morning!  Great for ladies looking for some moisture but who don't have any major skin concerns.  Finally, Ole Henriksen's Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil is my life.  Like actually.  I use this bright orange, orange scented oil every single night.  I can't put my finger on it, but it keeps my skin glowing and fresh.  And besides, the best time to use an anti-aging product is before you are showing signs of aging!

Total: 6
Grand Total: 39


I love having little samples of moisturizer for the mornings that I run out of my go-to moisturizer.  Thank you little Amore Pacific product for that.  Bliss Ingrown Eliminating Pads  are great to use after shaving.  Since picking these up I no longer get any in growns, so they work!  I found the Skyn Iceland eye pads to be a bit strange, but nice.  Using them once did not leave me with any real results, but they felt nice.  The Face Shop makes wonderful masks.  While I can't really tell you any difference in the results from the Aloe or the Blueberry mask, both were cooling and left my skin looking more hydrated and rested.  I bought a whole bunch of these, so I can tell you that you will see more of these in my empties!  I love that they don't leave my face feeling sticky or greasy.  They are a great little treat after a long day!  Finally, I love using the Ole Henriksen Brightening Face Wipes in the morning to freshen up my face before I go about my routine.  They have a strong, fresh smell, and really do brighten up my skin (and my day!).  I love these wipes and I will be picking up another pack to bring with me to Europe next month.  Finally, every now and then I enjoy picking up Baléa's Warming Foot Balm when Shoppers has points promos if you buy a few at a time.  When my feet feel super dry I love slathering this on, putting on some socks and going to bed.  I wake up with the softest feet you could imagine for $2.

Total: 7
Grand Total: 46


I am never ever ever writing an empties post with this many empties ever again.  lololololol

Bioderma is the greatest make-up remover that I have ever used.  It is so gentle on my skin, it melts away my make-up-- even heavy eye make-up.  While it is a bit expensive, I find a bottle lasts a decent amount of time, and the quality is totally worth it.  Ole Henriksen's Walnut Scrub is another holy grail for me:  I use it every time I shower.  Not only does it smell yummy and delicious, but it really does help keep my skin clear and fresh.  You can probably tell that I love it because I have three empty jars of the stuff.  Finally, The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask was a favourite of mine a few years ago until I found it felt burning on my skin.  I have since not used it, it has dried up, and I will likely never buy it again.  I liked it at the time, but since then I have discovered many other, better masks (hello Glamglow!).  

Total: 6
Grand Total: 52


I don't really have much to say about this set.  The Lush bath products were nice, don't recall which ones they were.  I think I am going to stop featuring these.  The little white tubs of Deep Conditioner was fine.  I liked the Mystic Divine Deep Conditioner  a fair bit, and would consider purchasing it again.  Everything else?  Can't really recall much about the product so it was probably "meh".

Total: 9
Grand Total: 61


Ahhhhh these will be easier to review!

L'Occitane makes a wonderfully nourishing shampoo that I love to get samples of.  The Cavier CC Cream is a part of my nearly daily routine.  I am so thankful for the obscure number of deluxe samples of this product that I have.  It makes my hair so soft!  No4's Clarifying Shampoo smells beautiful and really leaves my hair soft and clean.  I would love to get more of this product!  Fekkai PrX Reparative Conditioner is my favourite conditioner: nourishing, light weight, and leaves my hair silky as I could hope for!  I love that Birchbox sent me a sample of this!  Finally, Wish Exfoliating Body Wash  was fine?  Smelled good but nothing remarkable to note.
Total: 6
Grand Total: 67


Batiste "Blush" Dry Shampoo is my favourite all time dry shampoo.  Not only does it freshen up my hair, but it smells soft and feminine.  Marc Anthony's Hydrating Coconut Conditioner has a beautiful tropical smell, and is a great conditioner to hydrate your hair on a bit of a budget.  I usually manage to pick this and Marc Anthony's Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Conditioner for $6.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart.  His Argan Oil conditioner is fantastic, a bit lighter, better for daily use.  Sometimes I use the coconut conditioner as more of a deep conditioner or on days that my hair is feeling a bit blah.  Aveno's Skin Relief Body Wash was part of my Christmas stocking from my boyfriend's parents.  I really enjoyed how soothing and luxurious it felt to use.  It is on the more expensive end of the spectrum for the body washes I use, but I really enjoyed it and would consider purchasing it again.

Total: 4
Grand Total: 71


My dad always buys the three pack of Softsoap Body Wash  at Costco.  Honeysuckle is my favourite of the trio, I find the smell to be sweet and refreshing, and at a great price!  Herbal Essences Honey I'm Strong Conditioner is a lovely budget conditioner.  I love how soft it makes my hair, but I do find it makes my hair more slippery than I like.  But all things considered, a great, on trend, empoweringly named budget conditioner that smells delightful.  Costco's Kirkland Signature brand makes this amazing Moisture Shampoo that has (and smells like) coconut oil in it.  This is actually my favourite (non super high end) shampoo at the moment.  This really is a high quality product that I see myself using for years to come.  The pump is a huge bonus!

Total: 3
Grand Total: 74



Coconut Oil Deep Repair Masque was alright but I would not purchase it again.  It felt too heavy on my hair.  Not bad for the $5 I paid though!  The Body Shop Honeymania Bodyscrub smells delightful: floral and honey, warms as you use it, and leaves my skin so soft.  This is one of my favourite scrubs!  Caudalie's Gormage Crushed Cabernet Body Scrub has a very sour, acidic scent that I did not love (love drinking wine... not has a body scrub).  I love this brand, but I would not repurchase this particular product.

Total: 3
Grand Total: 77


Everything (other than the Stila packet) in this box has more or less expired.  The mascara smells funny, and it was always pretty flakey.  All of the small perfumed have been used up and the only one I purchased was Guerlain's La Petite Robe Noire, because it is such a deep and wonderful perfume.  I was indifferent to the other perfume samples, and the larger ones expired because I never used them.

Total: 12
Grand Total: 89


Quite simply I love the volume that can be built with this Dior mascara and primer.  I am a huge fan of volume for mascara, so I will be repurchasing once I get through my massive mascara stack. Sadly these have been kicking around my make-up bag for over six months...so

Total: 4
Grand Total: 93


These are a whole bunch of foil samples that I have used up.  I loved the Urban Decay Lipstick sample and ended up purchasing it in the matte pink in "Liar".  I also really enjoy the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask to help keep my lips hydrated in the winter.  Everything else was fine, probably.

Total: 8
Grand Total: 101

There you have it! I went through 101 products for this review!  I don't think I am ever going to let a post get this long again.

What are your favourite empties lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment