NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream | Morocco, Istanbul, Athens & Addis Ababa

Sunday 18 October 2015

in
NYX soft matte lip creme

Sometimes you find a great drug store product that makes you fall instantly in love.  Other times you find a product that stirs up such a sense of wanderlust that you simply need to buy every colour named after a place you long to go.  And, every once in a while you find a product that fits both those criteria, while also being on sale.  This my friends, was one of those times.

Last week I was out doing some shopping with a friend (and purchased a stunning warm grown up sweater with a horse on it) when we stumbled into the Rexall at Queen and University.  We were thrilled to find out that most NYX products were on sale!  Including a product that had long been on my list t try: Soft Matte Lip Cream.  They only had four different colours left...so I mean if the shoe fits.  Marked down from $8.99 to $6.99, I was pleased that Morocco was still available.  While the other colours had not previously been on my list, who am I to leave flattering nudes and a hot pink behind?

The texture of these lippies is super soft and not the slightest bit drying.  I am seriously impressed that I have high end quality for drug store prices. I find with the brighter colours I can get a few hours of solid wear, while the lighter colours fade a bit quicker.  I like that the brighter shades fade gently into a stain meaning that I don't end up looking patchy after a few hours. 

NYX soft matte lip creme

The applicator: Doe Foot

NYX soft matte lip creme

Morocco

Morocco is with out a doubt both my favourite lipstick of the four I picked up, and the city I am most interested in visiting.  So, you know if any travel companies wanted to send me there "for blog review" I'd be down.  All kidding aside, regular readers will be familiar with my love of orange-based red lipsticks.  This is no exception.  It is bright, punchy and fun.  Perfect for summer, or for my winter trip down south.  

NYX soft matte lip creme addis ababa

Addis Ababa

Addis Ababa is a punchy hot pink with a blue base.  Super opaque, this colour is probably better suited for spring, but I don't care, I've been wearing it around in the Fall and I love it.  

NYX soft matte lip creme istanbul

Istanbul

In the tube Istanbul looks bubble gum pink (or a Turkish Delight pink? ;) ) in the tube, but applied it is more of a pink based nude.  Not my favourite of the set, but still very pretty.  Grabbing this pretty was partly inspired by this guest post

NYX soft matte lip creme athens

Athens

Athens makes me swoon. Let's just call a spade a spade.  This nude is totally a matte "my lips but better".  Now... can I have a round trip booked to Athens complete with a Greek islands cruise?  Please and thank you :*

NYX soft matte lip creme morocco

Wearing my favourite: Morocco

I'm sure you have heard by now, but the old MAC Pro Shop down on Queen West is being renovated into Canada's first NYX store and will be opening mid-October.  I am so excited  I would love to get my hands on their contour palette, and maybe a few more of these lippies!  I am taking my little cousin shopping later this month so hopefully we will be able to pop by and pick up some goodies.  

Finding NYX in stores in Canada can be a little tricky.  NYX is in the process of opening at least two stand alone stores in the GTA (Queen West and Square One) and has just launched a Canadian website.  Use code "WELCOME20" to get 20% off your first purchase on their website.  Details can be found on their Instagram account @nyxcanada.  Free shipping on orders over $45.  I'm so glad that there will finally b a way for me to get my hands on their products in the colours I want rather than just whatever Rexall happens to have in stock that day.  Now, if only Shoppers Drug Mart would carry them so I can earn points on my purchases... happy shopping :*

What is your favourite NYX product?  What should I be trying to get my hands (and face) on?

xoxo Happy October

No comments:

Post a Comment