CHANEL | Rouge Coco Lipstick in "Mademoiselle"

Monday 8 February 2016

in
Chanel Rouge coco lipstick Mademoiselle

I love starting any post about Chanel makeup with a quote.  Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.  I think that quote really sums up how I felt about this lipstick at first swatch.  Beautiful, understated, simple, perfect.


Chanel Rouge coco lipstick Mademoiselle

This will come as no surprise to my regular readers, but I purchased this lipstick using Shoppers Optimum Points (I know, right?).  What can I say?  I'm a sucker for high end products.  This lipstick retails for $36 USD/$43 CAD.

Chanel Rouge coco lipstick Mademoiselle

Embossed with "CHANEL" on the bullet of the lipstick, Rouge Coco #434 "Mademoiselle" is described as a "warm rosewood".  I find the formula to be right on the fence between opaque and sheer, meaning that the colour packs a punch but not in the drenching way that fuller coverage lipsticks might.  I would describe it as a medium rosey pink that reminds me of an English rose, with plummy undertones.  It is really comfortable to wear, and on me it feels like the best kind of "My Lips But Better" lipstick.  So, basically this was made for me!

The reinvented ROUGE COCO is more expressive than ever, in a new formula and vibrant colour spectrum, with shade names inspired by Coco Chanels closest friends. The bright lip colour features an exclusive complex with Jojoba and Mimosa Butters, Sunflower Wax and silicone for lasting hydration and luminous results.

Chanel Rouge coco lipstick Mademoiselle swatch

As you can see, Mademoiselle is the kind of lipstick that enhances your natural beauty rather than try to change what is already there.  I love wearing bold red matte lipsticks, but some times I want to play up my eyes, and this lipstick is the perfect one for when you want your lips to look great with out taking centre stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment