Face of the Day | Quo*

Sunday 19 June 2016

in
quo makeup review

Recently Quo sent me some products to test and review, and today I am here with some reviews of their products, and a "FOTD" that I put together for a casual summer day.  I am also going to be talking about which make-up products I will be leaving at my boyfriend's parent's house for the summer-- because anybody who has frequent weekend trips will probably agree that packing and unpacking makeup every Friday & Monday just takes up way too much time.



quo face of the day

Here is the look I created using some of the Quo products I was sent.  There were some big hits for me, and unfortunately one miss. 

quo contour kit

Contour Kit (Light) | $23

This contour kit includes a contour shade, a warmer toned bronzer, and a matte pink highlighter. The contour shade is really easy to blend, and I found it to be quite flattering on me.  The bronzer shade isn't my favourite-- more orange than I like-- but I really like it used as a bronzey-blush for a sunny look.  The highlight is much more natural looking than my usual, but it does add nice dimension to the face.


quo holy grail mascara

Holy Grail Mascara | $12

I am on the fence about this mascara.  I like the formula, but the brush is a bit hard to work with.  The brush felt very spikey on my eye, and I found that it did not evenly distribute the product on my lashes. Also, I found it did not distribute very much product on my lashes, so I ended up dabbing product from the tip of the wand on my lashes and then dragging it through with the wand.  The one thing I will say that I like about this product is the formula.  I was wearing it at a friend's cottage on the weekend, and I decided to jump in the lake.  The mascara did not run down my face (but I will note that I did not rub my eyes).  It started to flake off in the water, so carefully using my fingers I was able to gently pull most of the formula off, and was spared raccoon eyes.

quo prep my lash mascara

quo prep my lash mascara

A close up of the lash primer with mascara on top.

Prep My Lash Primer | $12

I wanted to love this, but this product didn't work out for me.  I first tried it under their Holy Grail mascara, and then under a higher end mascara and both times it didn't dry down properly.  I also tried applying my mascara when this was wet and when it was mostly dry.  Both times it left parts of my lashes white, and really it just was not a pretty look.  I hope that this photo can accurately show the white splotches that were left behind.  This just didn't work out for me.

quo liquid eyeliner

Art of Lining Vinyl Liner | $12

Usually I reach for matte finish liquid liners, so this vinyl liner that dries to a wet finish is definitely a step outside of my comfort zone.  I found that once it was dry on my lid it didn't budge (until I jumped in the lake!).  I loved how easy it was to create a thin line with this brush. Over all I really liked this liner.

quo True Hues Eye Shadow Palette in "Romance Novel"

quo True Hues Eye Shadow Palette in "Romance Novel"

Look how big those pans are!

True Hues Eye Shadow Palette in "Romance Novel" | $24

This palette has a beautiful combination of pinks, plums and purples and a nice mix of textures. These shadows blend seamlessly together. and can either be blended into a warmer or cooler look. I appreciate that this palette is curated in such a way that I can do a complete look out of this palette. I am actually planning on leaving this palette at my boyfriend's parent's house for the summer, since we will be visiting most weekends.  This is a perfect little palette for pretty, casual looks, and I love it.  Also worth noting that while the packaging is plain black, it includes a generously sized mirror. Additionally, the shadow pans are HUGE!  As in, bigger than a Toonie. If you can't tell, this palette is a big hit for me!

For the look I included in this post I applied the bone cream shadow all over my lid, from lash to brow bone.  I then applied the golden shadow on my lid and in my crease, and popped a touch of the dark brown in my outer crease.

I also wanted to note that these shadows are very luminous and sheer, but not sheer in a bad way.  I don't think that every eye shadow needs to be super pigmented.  This palette is so perfect for natural looks.

quo Colour Overload in "Main Squeeze"

Colour Overload in "Main Squeeze" | $12

I really love this lip gloss! It is SO comfortable on my lips, and so flattering. It pairs perfectly with the Romance Novel shadow palette.  It is light weight, and comfortable with a pretty satin finish. On me, I would describe this as a peachy "my lips but better".  Perfect for summer, and perfect for spending some time with my boyfriend's mom.  I haven't decided if this versatile lippie will be living in my purse this summer, or if it will be staying at their house.

quo face of the day

Final Thoughts

In case you're wondering, I really don't enjoy packing up my make-up bag every Friday morning and unpacking it every Sunday night.  Since we will be visiting their place most weekends this summer it is just so much easier for me to leave some basic products there.  Besides, with one fancy event exception, I'll mostly just be hanging out.  His parents live out in the country, and I can't wait to get back into the swing of golf this summer!

There are some great items in this collection, and as I work through more of them I look forward to sharing more reviews with you!  I really love the eye shadow palette, and the lip gloss.  I find Quo can be a bit hit and miss, but when they make a hit, they knock it out of the park!

What is your favourite all time Quo product?

Quo products are available at Shoppers Drug Marts across Canada.

All Quo products were sent for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment