In a Rush | How to do your makeup on the run

Tuesday 19 August 2014

in
This morning was just crazy for me!  My alarm went off but I missed it, and I had two super important meetings tray meaning that I couldn't be late, and had to look good.  The only problem?  I didn't have enough time to do both this morning!

So I did what I like to think of my not-yet-patented method:  I did my foundation and blush, and then ran out the door.

When I got to my office I went to the washroom, and 5 minutes later I was ready to go.  Here's how I did it:

1) I picked up a little travel brush set at Walmart the other day.  For $9.95 I got a easy to use little pouch filled with six mini brushes.  I actually bought this for travel, but it sure came in handy this morning!  All of these brushes are eye focused, so when I travel I will also need to pack my face brushes.  But for a morning on the run? Fantastic.


2) I filled the little pouch on the left with a few key essentials:

-Hair elastics for french braids
-Urban Decay Naked Basics
-Mini mascara
-Julep eyelash curler
-Urban Decay eyeshadow primer sample
-Stila Convertible Colour in Peony (lips and cheeks)
-Urban Decay double ended eyeliner
-Smashbox nude liner
-Stila Liquid eyeliner

I was able to use the mirror from Naked Basics to see what I was doing.  I opted for a simple, blended smokey eye.  Of course, I had a lipgloss floating around my purse to bring it all together.


All packed up!  This little brush set was a life saver.  I showed one of the ladies I had lunch with and she insisted I send her the photo.  Who knew that Walmart would be so handy?  I was really happy to find that while the brushes aren't MAC quality, they do pack a good punch.  They are fluffy but stiff enough to pick up product.  The brushes have yet to shed excessively, and are pretty sturdy.  All in all, not bad for $10.  These will make travel much easier!


All packed up!


I was actually going to do a separate post just talking about what a great little find these brushes are, however since they came in super handy this morning I thought I would just toss it in here.



So to sum it up, when you are in a rush, do your foundation and blush, and toss anything else you may need in your purse and do it when you get there.  It helped that I had some shades to throw on in the morning.  If you need to you can always touch up before you go to anything important.  

I just love Walmart finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment