The Great Mask Off: LUSH Jasmine & Henna Fluff Eaze

Friday 15 August 2014

in
After a long day at work I come home, put on some warm fuzzy PJ pants and a t-shirt and applied this mask to my hair.  I took a seat on my bed ready to do some homework when S says "Let's go out for dinner, my treat.".  Literally I just put a huge amount of smelly hair mask in my hair, and he decided to ask me out for dinner.  Did I mention I had just used my oil cleanser to take off all my make-up? Men. Haha-- if only he had asked literally 20 minutes earlier.  I ended up waiting the required 20 to 30 minutes,  hopping in the shower, washing out the mask, drying off, doing my makeup again, putting clothing on again and going out.  




"If your hair is a little fluffy, frizzy, dry, or out-of-control, Jasmine and Henna Fluff Eaze is made for you. Our specialty hair treatment, it's packed with copious amounts of moisturizing and nutrient-filled oils including organic jojoba, almond, Brazil nut and extra virgin coconut oil. It works brilliantly on curly hair as well, as all of the oils help define the curls and add loads of shine. And if that doesn’t stop passerby’s from stopping in their tracks, the jasmine fragrance will stick with you for days after using it, so you'll have irresistibly soft, shiny and sexy smelling locks."

"Apply generously to dry hair, leave on for 20 to 30 minutes, and then shampoo out. Use about a quarter of a pot for short hair, or about half a pot for longer hair. Those with very long hair should use the whole pot. (Yes, it is a lot, but the effects are long lasting and well worth the investment.)"



After I washed it out and went about my usual shower routine I found my hair was softer than usual.  I found this mask brought out the natural red in my hair, so I wouldn't recommend this for true blondes  (Check out LUSH's Marilyn instead).  I found my hair shiner, that frizz was decreased and that my split ends were much much better looking.

Applying this mask to dry hair feels a little awkward.  I suggest using a wide tooth comb to gently move the product through your hair.  I also started about 1/4 down my hair and them adding more product worked my way up.  This helped me budget out the mask so I could use as little as possible to properly cover my hair.

This stuff is expensive, however I could easily see myself using it once or twice a month.  While the instructions recommend using a full pot for long hair I managed to stretch  what I got and to just use half a tub.


Over all I really enjoyed this product and found it lived up to its claims.  While I am still new to the world of pre-shampoo treatments, I was really happy with these results.  The only thing I will note is that a strong herbal scent was infused in my hair for a day or two.  Not a bad scent, and likely not noticeable to others, but noticeable to me.

Taking care of long hair is tough, so I recommend every long haired lady, or those looking to grow out their hair that they find an oil for the ends of their hair, and a mask that they love and can see themselves using. 


Are there any hair masks you recommend?






















No comments:

Post a Comment