Kérastase | Brand Introduction

Friday 28 October 2016

in

Kérastase Nutritive line review

Usually I pick up my favourite drugstore shampoo and conditioner when they are on sale at Shoppers, toss them in my basket and move on with my life. However I was in for a special surprise when Kérastase sent me their Nutritive line to help my hair transition into the fall. From start to finish using this collection is a treat, and has made me rethink my current shampoo routine. After a few weeks of using this stuff, I am in love. Once my current drug store supply is finished up I don't know if I can resist purchasing this shampoo...
Let’s start with their shampoo (Bain Magistral – Fundamental nutrition shampoo for severely dried out hair, $42). With this product a little really does go a long way. It Is rich and creamy (truly), foaming up to a rich lather. It makes my hair feel hydrated and smooth, but not weighed down in the slightest. It leaves my hair feeling clean but not stripped. Almost smooth enough to forgo conditioning, almost. With hair as long as mine, shampooing can be a real chore. I am not even kidding when I say that using this makes me actually enjoy washing my hair.

Usually I follow up with a dallop of their conditioner (Lait Vital – Incredibly light, exceptional nutrition care for normal to slightly dry hair, $47). I found that this conditioner had a unique texture not unlike a thick milk. I start by coating this on the ends of my hair and working it up the length of my hair. I like to let it sit for a minute or two while I wash my body or face and then to rinse it out. This still leaves my hair feeling light, but also hydrated, smooth, and soft. It was so easy to comb when I got out of the shower.

Sometimes I switch it up and use their Fondant Magistral for severely dried-out hair, $47. I find it very similar to their other conditioner, however it leaves my hair only a tiny bit more weighted and a reasonable amount more hydrated. I think I will be reaching for this once I finish up my other bottle and as October fades to November. Either of their conditioners do a great job but this would be better if you feel your hair is in need of some serious TLC.

KérastaseNutritive line review mask

Once a week I like to use a heavy duty hair mask (maintaining my long hair is no easy task!). Their Masque, $64, isn’t as thick as I usually reach for, but with this a little really does go a long way. I find myself using half as much of this as I do with my usual mask. I like to let this sit in my hair for about ten minutes while I go about the rest of my shower. When I rinse this mask out my hair still feels light and hydrated, but so much softer than usual.

I don’t often use heat on my hair (too time consuming), but lately when I have I have been reaching for their Nectar Thermique, $48. This blow dry care for dry hair is a rich thick balm that has to be worked through my thick, long hair. It almost has a waxy consistency to it, and I find when I use it my hair dries faster and shinier. I love knowing that in addition to this that it is protecting my hair from damage. I feel like this tube will last me a lifetime.

Over all, I find that this line leaves my hair feeling soft, hydrated, and healthy, without weighting it down, which is a total win in my books. As summer fades to fall, and winter is knocking at the door, I like to up the hydration in my hair and this more than does the task. As a whole this collection has a hard to place, salon like scent to it that smells really nice. These products are clearly of a high quality, and leave my hair feeling almost weightless. I will need to step up my game and have more products like this in my life!

No matter what your hair needs, Kérastase has the line for you!

You can learn more about their products here. Kérastase products can be purchased on their website or at many local high end hair salons. 

Products provided for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment