Huda Beauty Mauve Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette | First Impressions + Review

Saturday 16 December 2017

in
Huda Beauty Mauve Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette review

Huda has released two (that I know of) large eyeshadow palettes retailing at $85. $85. While I know I can rely on her for some fantastic liquid lipsticks, I was not ready to invest $85 (plus tax) on an eyeshadow palette, but I was curious. Thankfully Huda has satisfied my curiosity by releasing four new, affordable, smaller palettes. Keep reading for my first impressions of her new mauve palette.

Retailing for $35 CAD, and sold at Sephora, these palettes are small but compact. The palette its self is smaller than I expected. However as you can see, the shadows are really close together, so there is no wasted space. The palette its self is firm cardboard with a mirror. I was happy with the packaging and think it would be great for on the go. I picked this palette up on a bit of a whim while in store, and am so glad that I did!

Huda Beauty Mauve Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette review

huda 9 pan pink eyeshadow palette review

I was most attracted to the Mauve Obsessions palette. With six mattes and three shimmers, this palette is advertised as "dusty rose" and "plummy". I think that is very much true of what you see in the pan, however I found that on me it pulled very very very pink. So pink that while I loved how fun and bold it looked, my boyfriend hated it. As in, he hated it so much that he asked I not do my makeup like that if we were going out.

Given that the palette is called "Mauve Obsessions" I was expecting the palette to be more, well mauve. To me, this palette is very pink. But enough about the colour, let's talk formula.

I was very impressed with the blend-ability of these shadows. The mattes did not feel chalky, and the shimmers added so much dimension and shimmer. I think that it would be difficult to create a bad look with the colours in this palette. I like that the palette feels balanced. There is a neutral base, two transition shades, three shades that could be eyeliners or deepen the crease, and then three shimmers to add that extra pop. I love that I can create a pretty look with this palette without having to reach for another palette.

huda 9 pan pink eyeshadow palette review

huda 9 pan pink eyeshadow palette review

To get this look (that I wore to work, and got lots of compliments on!) I started by applying the cream shade all over my lid all the way up to my brows. I then used the middle brown-taupe shade in my crease, followed by the top left burgundy shade in my outer crease. I applied the top middle pink shimmery shade on my lid, and then added the left middle "foiled" metallic on the centre of my lid. I finished it off with my favourite liquid eyeliner.

I was really happy with how these shadows applied, and that they lasted all day. I am already eying their smoky palette (...not that I need another neutral palette). I want to keep playing with this palette to see how I can go bold without going so pink. I kind of love how the pink looks with my green eyes, but in my heart, I am such a neutral girl it isn't even funny.

Have you had a chance to try these palettes yet? Which one is on your wishlist?

Purchased with my own money.

Blogmas Day 15! Publishing on December 16th at 12:30 in the morning, but I had a busy day and am hosting a Christmas party tomorrow night (today night?) and had lots of cleaning and baking to do. Crazy that Christmas is only 10 days away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment