Too Faced White Chocolate Bar | Swatches & Review

Friday 8 December 2017

in
too faced white chocolate bar palette swatches review pale skin

If you are anything like me, you know that family is everything this time of year. And how could I let the family be incomplete? With the original Chocolate Bar, Semi-Sweet, BonBons, and Sweet Peach, it would be simply wrong for me not to have White Chocolate? Right? Right? Okay well that si what I told myself.

The limited edition Too Faced White Chocolate palette retails for $59 (the same as all of their other Chocolate Bar palettes). Inspired by the White Chocolate Chip palette from last Christmas, this 16 shade, full sized palette includes matte and shimmery shadows, with 5 brand new shades. 

too faced white chocolate bar palette swatches review pale skin

Pretty pastels and creamy nudes, this palette has everything you need for a soft and pretty look.With the exception of a pop of lavender, green, and black, this is a very neutral palette. It has the classic chocolate scent that their Chocolate Bars are known for, and is of course formulated with real cocoa powder.

too faced white chocolate bar palette swatches review pale skin

Mint Chocolate, Glaze, Cake Batter, Exotica, Chocolate Syrup, Pearl Candy, Raspberry Rose, Indulge, Lavender Cake, Guilt Free 

too faced white chocolate bar palette swatches review pale skin

Cake Batter, Exotica, Chocolate Syrup, Pearl Candy, Raspberry Rose, Indulge, Lavender Cake, Guilt Free, Smoked Sea Salt

too faced white chocolate bar palette swatches review pale skin

Frosted Apricot, Cookie Dough, Sugared Raisin, Black Sugar, Banana Date

My favourite shadows in the palette are Cake Batter, Exotica, Chocolate Syrup and Frosted Apricot. As usual the metallic shades are perfect, the glittery shades chunky, and the matte shades very workable. I was not impressed by the fall out of Sugared Raisin when used in the following look:

too faced white chocolate bar palette swatches review pale skin

too faced white chocolate bar palette swatches review pale skin

MAC Lady Be Good liquid lipstick on my lips.

I used Glaze all over my eyelid up to my eyebrows. I then put Cake Batter in my crease, Lavender Cake on my lid, and Sugared Raisin on top of Lavender Cake. I was not impressed by Lavender Cake's pigmentation, and I found Sugared Raisin to be a bit chunky. 

I like the lighter neutrals in this palette for an easy every day look. I think if you are pale like me (hello 9 times out of 10 being the lightest foundation shade) that you will find this palette reasonablly flattering. That is, assuming you don't like anything dramatic. For anybody darker than me (which is most people in the world) it might be more difficult to make this work.

At the end of the day I am thrilled to have this palette in my collection, if only to complete the Chocolate Bar family. I can't say it is Too Faced's best work, but its pretty to photograph. 

Do you collect eyeshadow palettes? Have you tried this one?

I bought this palette with my own money.

Hello Day #7 of Blogmas! Wow blogging every day is time consuming. Congrats to all those ladies who get it done! I think my goal for the new year will be a more reasonable 3 per week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment