Burt's Bees Lip Crayons | Redwood Forest, Hawaiian Smoulder & Napa Vineyard

Sunday 20 November 2016

in
burts bees lip crayon review

Recently I was sent some lip products from Burt's Bees. I love they offer affordable, drugstore products that are nourishing and pigmented. As I kid I knew them for their standard lip balms, but recently they have expanded their offerings to include an array of coloured lip products. Today I am here with some of their bolder lip crayons!


Burt's Bees lip crayons retail for about $10 CAD and can be easily found on an end cap at your local drug store. Last year I actually purchased a set of these crayons for my mom for Christmas and she loved them! I really appreciate the honeycomb details on the caps, and how easy it is to tell which colour is which!

While I wouldn't describe this formula as particularly hydrating, it sits nicely on the lips and is not drying in the slightest. These crayons are easy to work with, and twist up without a fuss. I also really appreciate that the caps on these stay put-- perfect for tossing in your purse when you are in a rush (aka me every morning).

burts bees lip crayon review Hawaiian Smoulder Napa Vineyard Redwood Forest

Hawaiian Smoulder, Napa Vineyard, Redwood Forest

burts bees lip crayon review Hawaiian Smoulder swatch

Hawaiian Smoulder

burts bees lip crayon review Redwood Forest swatch

Redwood Forest

burts bees lip crayon review Napa Vineyard swatch

Napa Vineyard

Hawaiian Smoulder is a really pretty mid toned pink with hints of coral. It is the perfect summer shade, and I think it will look so perfect on my upcoming trip to Cuba!

Redwood Forest was my favourite of these three. It is a super flattering muted brick red that I think it so perfect to wear to work in the fall. It is bold without being BOLD, and is a great match for my natural lips. I'm not sure if my loyal readers have noticed, but my natural lips are actually fairly pigmented as it is (for a pale girl like me!) and I think that this lipstick looks great on me. This product has been living in my purse over the last week, haha!

Napa Vineyard is a super pigmented ruby red. I was so impressed with the pigmentation-- I really was not expecting that much colour from a lip crayon! I think this colour would be so lovely to wear for upcoming holiday parties. You guys know I love a nice, bold red!

I would describe the finish of these three products as satin. Over the last year I have seen so many mattes hit the market, and while I love matte lipsticks, sometimes its nice to switch it up! These have a wear time on me of about two hours, but that doesn't bother me because they are so easy to reapply!

These would be such an affordable, and cute addition to Christmas stockings for moms and daughters! 

Have you had a chance to try this line yet? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment