Master Palette by Mario | Anastasia Beverly Hills

Tuesday 8 November 2016

in
anastasia beverly hills amster by mario palette review

"Oh, I don't need that...no, no those colours are too dark... I don't really reach for jewel tones... Alanna you don't need another limited edition palette...you don't even know who Mario IS" I told myself. Until I ended up at my local Sephora armed with a $30 gift card... yup. I swatched this palette, fell in love and paid up. Keep reading for swatches, my full review, and a look I put together.

anastasia beverly hills amster by mario palette review

I really like that this palette includes a good quality brush.

The Master Palette by Mario is availiable at Sephora and Ulta and retails for $59 CAD/$45 USD (ouch that exchange rate). It contains 12 rich, generally warm, eyeshadows that swatch and blend like a dream. This special edition palette was created with celebrity make-up artist Mario Dedivanovic, and the shadows are named for special people and places in his life. 

anastasia beverly hills amster by mario palette review

Each shadow is 0.02 oz.

Hollywood is one of my favourite shadows in this palette. This shimmery light gold is my favourite base to use in this palette. I love this under the brow! It is described as a "metallic wheat gold with satin finish". Super blendable!

NYC is described as a "rich chocolate brown with a satin finish" and I like using this shadow in my outer crease.

Kim is named after the one and only Kim KW. Described as a the "ultimate tan with a satin finish" this warm coppery shade looks beautiful on the lid.

Lula is described as a "soft taupe with ultra-matte finish", and given that it is an ultra-matte, it is pretty blendable. I love using this in my crease as a transition shade. Even though this palette is fairly shimmery, a few mattes are key.

Isabel is described as a "burnt orange with a ultra-matte finish", and if we are being honest I don't see myself reaching much for this particular colour. I'm not all about those warm shadows, and I think this is just too orange for me.

Violeta is a stunning warm "dark chocolate with ultra matte finish" that I like to use to deepen my crease.

Looking at just these shadows in the palette, the palette appears fairly neutral and warm.

anastasia beverly hills amster by mario palette review

Muse is a beautiful "rose gold with satin finish" that looks lovely on the lids. I love pairing this with Marina! This is a cooler rose gold than I am use to, but wow is this shade something special.

Marina is another beautiful satin shade described as "champagne".  I am just so in love with this one!

Claudia is a rich blueish "slate with velvet finish". The velvet finish is not as creamy as the satins, but all things considered it blends well and looks great in the crease.

5th Ave might be my favourite shade, just for the name! This "gold leaf with metallic finish" is so shimmery and pigmented. Have you noticed I have a thing for gold shimmery shadows?

Bronx isn't a shade I would usually reach for, but now that I have this "metallic olive with satin finish" in front of my I am obsessed. I really don't have another shadow like this. Welcome to the family!

Paris is a "gilded brown with satin finish". Almost a blend of taupe and gold, I love the richness of this shadow with either gold or even mauve looks.

Looking at just these shadows in the pan, they look cooler in tone and more colourful.

The only thing I feel like this palette is missing, as a pale person, is a matte off white. Now, I have those in every other palette, but I love having one that is easy to reach for. I think for those with a darker complexion that Hollywood can fulfill that purpose. I just like having one to use as a base to blend everything on top of!

All swatches are with my finger x 1.

anastasia beverly hills amster by mario palette review swatches

Top Row: Claudia, Marina, Muse, Kim, NYC, Hollywood

anastasia beverly hills amster by mario palette review swatches

Bottom Row: Paris, Bronx, 5th Ave, Violeta, Isabel, Lula

I am glad that I picked up this palette and added it to my collection. If you come across one I would encourage you to grab it if you think you would reach for these shades. I am a shimmery gold shadow addict, and this palette has several shades that fit that bill. I think that this palette will lend its self well to holiday makeup looks, and I am looking forward to pulling this out as we get closer to Christmas!

If you would like to see a tutorial I put together featuring the Master by Mario palette just click here. You will be taken to my new YouTube channel. Hope you enjoy it! :)

Have you picked up this palette? What do you think about it? Have you ever told yourself you weren't going to buy something only to have it *magically* end up in your cart?

Product purchased with my own money. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved the Marina and 5th Ave shades are very nice,..

    ReplyDelete