Too Faced The Chocolate Shop | Holiday 2016

Sunday 27 November 2016

in
too faced the chocolate shop holiday 2016

A few days ago I went to my first Christmas Party of the season-- and I am so excited that we have a whole month before the big day to get together with friends, family, and loved ones. That also means a whole month of CHRISTMAS COVERAGE! Holiday sets, gift guides, stocking stuffers, you name it. Too Faced was kind enough to send me a whole bunch of their Christmas in New York collection to share with you. Now, I will be doing a big overview video over on my channel soon (complete with a giveaway, so go and subscribe now!), but I wanted to go into more detail on some of the palettes with swatches and all of that good stuff. Today I am here with the The Chocolate Shop. 


too faced the chocolate shop holiday 2016

This collection includes a palette with 21 eyeshadows, a blush, a bronzer and a highlighter. Additionally it includes a deluxe sized Shadow Insurance, Better Than Sex Mascara and Melted Chocolate lipstick in "Hot Chocolate". It comes all done up in the most beautiful packaging, complete with a Sephora shopping bag, a sweet little dog, and every other cute thing you could imagine (Too Faced really nails the holiday packaging). 

One thing I love about this collection is how easy it is to pop the palette out so you can store it with the rest of your collection. The package still folds up beautifully to display, but it has a practical component too.

too faced the chocolate shop holiday 2016

Now, let's talk about the swatches. Overall the quality is hit and miss. The blush, bronzer, and highlighter are quite lovely. I find the matte shadows to be rather patchy. The glitter shadows are quite nice in the sense that they are quite sparkly, however they are not very pigmented. The real stars are the satin/metallic finish. These ones swatch like a dream and are just perfect for the holidays.

too faced the chocolate shop holiday 2016 swatches

Left to right: Dessert's On Me, Indulge, Cookie Dough, Raspberry Rose, Sugared Raisin, Guilt-Free, Tootsie, Inner Light (highlighter)

For the most part I found that the top part of this palette was lacking in pigment. That being said, Indulge, Sugared Raisin, and Guilt-Free were quite nice, and as mentioned, the highlighter was lovely. (All shadows were finger swatched x2 on clean skin, with no primer)

too faced the chocolate shop holiday 2016 swatches

Left to right: Glaze, Gingerdoodle, Chocaholic, Cake Batter, Butterscotch, Toffee Crunch, Lava Cake, Chocolate Soleil

Overall this was my favourite collection from within the palette. Gingerdoodle, Cake Batter were really nice, and Butterscotch is without a doubt my favourite shadow in the whole palette. Chocaholic was a bit of a let down, as was Glaze.

too faced the chocolate shop holiday 2016 swatches

Left to right: Banana Date, Honey Dip, Pound Cake, Sugar Bells, Mint Chip, Jingle Berry, Huckleberry, Chocolate Covered Strawberry

Before I get into the review-- does anybody else think that this palette looked pretty similar to the NikkieTutorials palette? The shimmery mint, the teal, the purple, the bronzey gold? Anyways--

In terms of pigmentation I found this part of the palette to be the best. I actually think all of these shadows are quite nice. I love the blush-- it is a lovely cooler toned pinky-plum with a hint of brown that I think is actually quite flattering on me. I don't know how much I would use these shadows, but they are quite nice.

I think this palette would be a great gift for a teenager, or somebody new to makeup. Not only does it contain neutrals, bolds, blush, bronzer and highlighter, but is also comes with mascara, primer and a melted liquid lipstick. I think that this palette would be redundant for an avid make-up lover, though the packaging really does make it a beautiful gift for anybody. Personally, this is a palette that I would gift to somebody who was new to makeup and looking to play, experiment, and have fun. There are countless looks that you can create with this palette!  Also-- I love that they included a lipstick that was not "Peony". I have so many mini peony's from countless sets, that having a different colour was a real treat.

This palette retails for $72 CAD and is a Sephora exclusive. You can purchase it here.

Too Faced was actually kind enough to send me two of these palettes, which means one will be going in a giveaway on my channel. Now, the giveaway has not launched yet, but subscribe and you will be the first to know!

Product was sent for my review. All opinions remain my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment