Shopping Tip: Fragrance at Sephora

Thursday 24 July 2014

in
Yesterday my friend M and I went shopping at the mall.  And by this I mean we wanted to wander in to the beautiful world of Sephora.  She was in the mood for perfume samples and well, I never say no to Sephora trips.  I almost *almost* caved and bought the Urban Decay Body BB Cream but then I stopped myself.  Its on my list.

Photo from Wikipedia search for "Perfume"

I can just imagine that I would utterly love this perfume.
We lucked out and got a super rep to help us out.  We told her we were looking for fragrance, and each described fragrances we liked.  M walked away with two samples that she wouldn't have initially picked but loved, and I walked away with two as well.

What I found really interesting is that after I listed my two favourite fragrances she immediately pulled up a profile on the touchable TV screen.  I told her I loved Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb and Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire.  She pulled up a profile called "Addictive" and said that this profile had a lot of vanilla and musk.  She was right-- those are two of my favourite notes in a fragrance.  I love how sexy perfumes in that family are.  Of course, for work I keep it much more appropriate with Marc Jacobs Daisy or Marc Jacobs Honey.

I browsed through the list of fragrances featured, and it included basically all of the perfumes, roller balls, and minis that I own and love, including:

-Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb (Rollerball)
-Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (Full Size)
-Guerlain Shalimer (Wish List)
-Dior J'adore (Mini)
-Dior Hypnotic Poison (Full Size)
-Lancôme La Vie Est Belle (Mini)
-Narcisco Rodriguez For Her (Mini)
-Hanae Mori Butterfly (Mini Rollerball)

Of course there were many, many more on the list, but I found it really interesting that I have a clear scent type.  Marc Jacobs Honey and Daisy were not on the list.  But this is to be expected because as previously mentioned I go for lighter, softer notes for work.  If it makes any sense, in terms of perfume, for work and school I go for pretty, and for my free time I go for sexy.  And pretty is how I describe Honey and Daisy.

What is your favourite fragrance?  Do you have a type?

No comments:

Post a Comment