HOLIDAY 2016 PREVIEW | MAC Nutcracker Sweet Collection

Wednesday 19 October 2016

in

I have something to share with you... yesterday on my way home from work I was listening to Christmas music on my phone. Once Thanksgiving in Canada hits I am ready for the the holiday shopping, the gift buying, the music, you name it! Today I am here with my first holiday post, featuring MAC's 2016 Holiday Collection: The Nutcracker Sweet Collection. I have a few pieces to share with you and then some info about the rest of the collection.

Nutcracker Sweet Smoky Eye Bag ($51 CAD/$42.50 USD)





This beautiful set comes in a nice sized box, making it perfect to gift wrap! The plastic burgundy make-up bag has pink polka dots and golden rope details along the side and in the middle. It is slim, just the perfect size to hold make-up brushes while travelling, in my opinion!  This kit contains a Paint Pot in Dream Scene (frosted cool grey), an Extra Dimension Eye Shadow in Fathoms Deep (deep slate grey-blue), A Technakohl Liner Eye-Liner Kajal in Graphblack (rich graphic black), and the False Lashes Mascara in black.




When I applied my makeup I started with MAC's Paint Pot in Painterly all over my lid, up to my brows. Then I used Dream Scene just on my lid, applied with my finger, and gently blended it slightly above my crease. I was impressed with how pigmented this was, and found that a little went a long way. I then applied Fathoms Deep into my crease and on the outer corner of my lid. I grabbed a mostly matte cream shade to pup under my brows. I then tight lined my eyes with Graphblack and created a simple cat's eye. I have never tried this mascara before and was very impressed with the lift and definition it gave my lashes. This eye look lasted all day with no smudging!

Also availiable in Nutcracker Sweet Plum: eyeshadow in Smoky Mauve, eyeliner in Purple Dash, Paint Pot in Stormy Pink, False Lashes Mascara included (black).

Nutcracker Sweet Cool Eye Compact ($47.50 CAD/$39.50 USD)





This eyeshadow palette is the perfect match for the make-up bag I received in the Sweet Smoky Eye Bag! It contains 9 eyeshadow pans and a small double ended brush (Pinceau 214/213). The shadows range from light neutrals to blue-ish blacks, with a stunning pop of cranberry that was love at first swatch! The palette has a firm magnetic closure that can be a bit difficult to open, but in a good way. I think this palette would make creating a holiday look easy. And the names of each shadow? So cute.








I started by prepping my eyelid with MAC's Paint Pot in "Painterly". I used a large flat brush to apply "Enchanted Beauty" all over my lid. Then using a fluffy dome brush I used "Quite Spoiled" as a transition colour, and Sugar Plum in my crease. Using the larger end of the brush included in this set I packed "Absurdly Pretty" all over my lid and then blended the outer corner with a mix of "Plum Darling" and "Nutcracker" to diffuse the look and add some depth. I finished off with a black liquid liner and mascara.
From left to right:

Enchanted Beauty, Performance Art, The Wrong Man, Marzipan, Quite Spoiled, Absurdly Pretty, Sugar Plum, Plum Darling, Nutcracker





Also availiable in Nutcracker Sweet Warm Eye Compact: golds, browns, olives, some silver

There are some other beautiful pieces in this collection including. The Red Lipstick Kit (Lady Danger, MAC Red, Diva, Rebel) and the Nude Lipstick Kit (Creme Cup, Nouvelle Vogue, Whirl, Kinda Sexy) (both $42 CAD/$35 USD) have really caught my eye. They contain shades in their permeant collection but with pretty holiday packaging.I already have Creme Cup and Lady Danger, but surely I can justify at least one of the kits... :)

They are also releasing two beautiful Magic Dust Powders,Yum Yum Yum and Sweet Vision. I would love to get my hands on those.  The pictures are stunning, with stars embossed into the powder and beautiful flecks of gold.

This holiday collection is quite expansive with brush sets, various kits, sets on sets on sets and more. If there are any pieces from the collection that you would really like some info on I would be happy to share it.

MAC's Nutcracker Sweet collection will be available online on October 20th, 2016, and in stores on October 27th, 2016 through December 8th, 2016. 

What are you planning on picking up from this collection?

PS-- what do you think of my new way of adding full face shots to the posts? I have found the most PERFECT lighting :)

Products were provided for my review.

PS-- enter my blog's 3rd Birthday Giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment