Burt's Bees Lipstick | Tulip Tide, Iced Iris, Magenta Rush

Monday 21 November 2016

in
burts bees lipstick tulip tide iced iris magenta rush swatch review

Yesterday I posted about the Burt's Bees Lip Crayons, and today I am here with a review on their lipsticks! Originally I was planning on doing them as one big review, but I figured it was better to split them up into two seperate posts so I could go into a bit more detail about the formulas. Keep reading for lip swatches and my thoughts on the formula!


burts bees lipstick tulip tide iced iris magenta rush swatch review

Again, the packaging features honeycomb details and a sturdy brown plastic tube. Retailing around that $10 drugstore price point, these offer a good quality product and decent pigmentation. I found this formula to be much more moisturizing than the lip crayons, though I also found that these had a shorter wear time. I find these so easy to reapply that that really does not bother me. I only have high wear time expectations from liquid matte lipsticks, and from really high end products. As the lipstick wears it fades nicely. Magenta Rush left a bit of a stain on me, and when the other two paler shades faded I didn't really notice anything that stuck out in terms of how it looked on me.

burts bees lipstick tulip tide

Tulip Tide

burts bees lipstick tulip iced iris

Iced Iris

burts bees lipstick magenta rush

Magenta Rush

Tulip Tide is a pretty bubblegum pink with a bit of a blue-purple undertone. I did not find this flattering on me, mainly because I have rather pigmented lips and pale shades like this tend to wash me out. I had similar results with Iced Iris though this was more of a pale purple with a frosted sheen to it. Again, I didn't think that this was the best shade on me, though it felt nice on my lips. The big winner for me was Magenta Rush. I love shades in this deep pink berry family, and found it to be really flattering on my pale, neutral-undertoned skin. As it faded it left a stain, which I enjoyed as there wasn't a single moment of "right now I am wearing lipstick" and "where did it go?". This shade has made its way into my purse so I will be wearing it from time to time over the coming weeks!

Have you tried any of these lipsticks? Which colour is your favourite?

Products sent for my review. Opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment