Gift Guide for Her | 2019

Wednesday 18 December 2019

in

Christmas is my absolute favourite time of the year, and as far as I am concerned, that kicks off in September. I love stashing gifts away over the fall (and even earlier) to make sure that I get the best deals and the most perfect gifts. The only problem is sometimes I buy a gift and then forget about it...and end up buying that person more! One of my favourite sales to shop is Bay Days at The Bay, though I found that they had excellent sales leading into the entire holiday season. One thing I made sure to note was when Christmas trees and decor went on sale. Right now we have no where to store a tree (though I did buy some decor this year!). However, we are really hoping that 2020 is the year we manage to break into the Toronto housing market (fingers crossed for a townhouse!!), and my biggest hope for 2020, cheesy as it sounds, is to be able to have our own Christmas tree. As in... I have been collecting Christmas ornaments on various trips and on sale over the last few years and could probably deck out an entire tree. Anyways, enough about me. Let's talk presents.


If you have not already, don't forget to check out my Stocking Stuffer Gift Guide for Her, 2019! There I have included many of my favourite tiny things! 




I was lucky enough to be able to attend Laline Canada's PR launch with my best friend. We both fell head-over-heels for the beautiful soft scent of Laline's Dead Sea collection. This soft and sweet fig & sandalwood scent somehow manages to fill the room without being overpowering. retailing for $39.95 (though often they have various sales!), the Dead Sea Reed Diffuser* is a wonderful gift for any woman in your life. I currently have mine sitting on my dresser. I really love the jade coloured detail!

Another gift that would be great for the aspiring chef in your life are these beautiful Le Creuset 11cm Salt & Pepper Mills in Cherise, retailing for $60. They come in a boxed set, and are perfect for gifting. My husband and I gave these to my Mother-in-law for Christmas and she was thrilled. I loved them so much that I bought myself two sets since we were hosting Christmas for our family. I thought that they would be perfect to have on hand for future Christmases & Thanksgivings.


I love gong to the One of a Kind Show, and this is my second year buying from Poppy's Pom Pom. This creamy knit hat has cable knit details and a fluffy real fur pom on top. I love that these real fur poms are upcycled: formerly a real fur coat that nobody wanted, it was given a new life as a pom. You can find some of their hand knit goods here!

This Mini Hand Cream Kit* ($22) from Laline is a perfect gift to split up among friends, or wrap up for somebody special. Ever since I started working an office job, I had a renewed love for moisturizing hand creams for the dry winter months.

As for this cute plaid scarf, it came in a previous FabFitFun box. Its not so much this particular scarf that I am suggesting as a gift (though it is lovely!), but more so the idea that if you get something in a subscription box that isn't your style, put it aside and see who may appreciate it as a Christmas gift. Once I have gone through my pile so share with friends and family, I donate the remainder either through The Shoebox Project, or directly to a local shelter.


Laline's Shea & Kukui Shower Oil* ($25) is a perfect little luxury to open under the tree and enjoy in the shower. Every time I use it my skin is left feeling silky smooth and looking radiant. 

Cela has been on a role lately, appearing in ipsy bags, and opening a new spa in North Toronto (stay tuned for a blog post about my experience there!). This Toronto-based Canadian brand knows a thing or two about creating effective products with unique and beautiful scents. Creme de la Creme Light* ($49) has become a favourite of my colleauge's to keep on her desk at work, and a favourite of mine to keep on my dresser. The packaging is elegant, and the scent is divine. We had a bit of a debate, but to me, it smells like a mature version of a Terry's Chocolate Orange. Seed to Skin Scrub* ($42) has become another favourite of mine. Made with Abyssinian oil, Cupuacu seed power and cedarwood oil, again, this product smells incredible and leaves my skin feeling oh-so-good. Consider gifting one of these products along with a spa gift certificate to Cela's Hammam spa for the ultimate indulgence. 

If you have been a reader of my blog or subscriber to my YouTube channel for more than 5 minutes, then you will know that Charlotte Tilbury is one of my all-time favourite makeup brands. If Cela can do no wrong with skin products, then Charlotte can do no wrong with cosmetics! While I would happily recommend her entire Christmas collection, I wanted to shine a light on three products that really stand out for me. The Magic Dreams* kit ($135) includes her iconic Magic Cream and Magic Night Cream along with an adorable sleep mask. You can never have too many sleep masks (especially if you are doing some holiday travel!), and her Magic Cream always leaves my skin looking radiant. I'm on my fourth tub of it since I was first introduced. Her Starry Eyes to Hypnotise palette ($95) is pricey, but I was able to pick it up with Sephora's VIB Rouge 20% off sale. I've mostly stuck to the gold and pink quads (what else is new?), but have been impressed by the pigmentation and wear of the palette. Finally, a classic in new packaging, the holiday packaged Filmstar Bronze and Glow* comes with the most perfect tiny brush to apply it with! I have already used up an entire one of these, and have suggested it to so many friends! Seriously, I love the subtle definition and glow that this product creates.

Givenchy's L'Interdit Eau De Toilette* ( $73 for 35mL, $99 for 50mL, $118 for 100mL) has a beautiful warm floral scent that I am constantly complimented on. With hints of jasmine, orange blossom and vetiver, this would be a lovely gift for your mom, wife, girlfriend, or yourself!

Of course, body products, such as I Love's mini body washes (perfect to split up in stockings or among friends!), or Bath and Body Works body washes and body sprays are always a hit. And, while I love a good holiday scent (hello Vanilla Bean Noel*!), I encourage you to also consider gifting from their regular collection. After all, their classics, are, well, classics for a reason!

Happy gifting!


Products marked with a * were sent by PR for my consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment