Dermalogica | Skin Hydrating Masque*

Thursday 28 April 2016

in
dermalogica skin hydrating masque mask review

Nothing helps my skin rest and recharge more than a good Sunday evening face mask.  Last weekend I decided to give this new mask from Dermalogica a go.  The change of seasons always leaves my skin a little off, and working in my dry office building has taken a bit of a toll on my skin.  

This mask has a gel consistency not entirely unlike aloe.  It doesn't have much of a fragrance, and in terms of colour it is a mostly clear white.  It is fairly light-weight and easy to spread across the skin.

"A refreshing, moisturizing masque of calming botanicals and antioxidant vitamins that restores critical moisture to dry, stressed skin. Unique cross-linked Hyaluronic Acid traps moisture to deliver time released hydration for lasting suppleness. Contains no artificial fragrance or color."

To use, just apply a thin, even coat on your clean face and neck.  Let it set for about 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water.  If you don't have time for a full mask, you can also use it just under the eyes for some quick and intense moisture. 

I have read reviews from others stating that this was uncomfortable on their skin, and left them red.  I did not have that experience at all, though if you do have sensitive skin it would be best to double check the ingredients and then do a spot test on your neck before proceeding. 

I found this mask to be very cooling (perfect for summer) and comfortable to wear on my skin.  It left my skin firm and hydrated, which was exactly what I needed.  It feels light on the skin-- not greasy or heavy at all.  When I am wearing it it looks more like I am wearing a night cream than a full mask which means I don't mind if my dad sees me grabbing a snack in the kitchen! It was easy to remove. I used warm water and a konjac sponge, and then proceeded with my usual night time routine.

dermalogica skin hydrating masque mask review

Straight from the tube.

dermalogica skin hydrating masque mask review

Spread out on my hand.

I have now used this mask a few times and am quite happy with it.  They recommend using it 1-2 times a week. I will be keeping this on hand for continued use over the summer!

The Skin Hydrating Masque retails for $58 CAD and can be found online here, and at many spas and boutiques across Canada.

For reference: I have fairly normal, clear skin that could always use a touch more hydration.  I am (almost) 23 and am focused on skincare that prevents signs of ageing, and keeps my skin healthy and happy.

*Products were provided for my review, opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment