The Estée Edit | Killin' It Matte Lipstick

Tuesday 26 April 2016

in
estee edit killin it

Last week I posted about my Sephora Sale Haul, and today I wanted to get into a bit more detail about one of the lipsticks I purchased.  I have many many times mentioned my obsession with matte orange-red lipsticks.  And so while I really didn't need it, it was on sale, and you know, in the name of the blog, so keep reading for my thoughts on this launch and this product in particular. 

estee edit killin it

Let me first re-state that I am not a fan of the Kardashian-Jenner family.  However, I will agree that their make-up is always flawless and that in general they are a good looking bunch.

Let me next state (I feel like I'm writing an essay) that I agree that Estée Lauder has a reputation among my generation as an old lady brand.  That is not entirely a bad thing, its only a bad thing if you are the company and you want access to the sweet sweet money of millennials, which I assume most companies want.  Estée makes some great stuff, but I'm more likely to buy it as a Mother's Day gift than I am to buy it for myself.

So with those two things in mind, it makes a lot of sense that Estée Lauder would want to figure out a way to reach a new generation.  Aerin is one way (her granddaughter, wow is her stuff pretty) but this is another way.  I feel like this line is more targeted at high school/university students than it is young professionals.

I was actually first introduced to this line when they did a pop up shop near my office.  The ladies working there were lovely and touched up my make-up while teaching me a bit about the products. 


The sale launched a few days later... and that's when I bought the lipstick.

estee edit killin it

The Packaging

This lipstick comes in a ribbed shiny silver tube with a blue sprayed design.  Blue is actually my favourite colour, so this packaging is growing on me.  However I don't like how is stands out from my more conventional lipsticks on my vanity.

The Formula

This lipstick is full coverage in one swipe.  The formula includes conditioning oils, so while it has a matte finish, it isn' drying.  This lipstick feels really light and comfortable to wear.  I love how bright and bold the finish is.

estee edit killin it

Love this.

estee edit killin it

1. MAC x Zac Posen "Darling Clementine"
2. Estée Edit "Killin' It"
3. MAC Lady Danger

I would say that it is pretty similar to Lady Danger.  However I find it more comfortable to wear than Lady Danger.

This lipstick retails for $26 and is exclusive to Sephora.

Have you tried anything from this collection? 

No comments:

Post a Comment