TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Reverse Wash Haircare System*

Thursday 14 April 2016

in


One of the coolest things about being a beauty blogger is getting to try new and innovative products that may be a few steps outside your comfort zone.  For my entire life I have shampooed and then conditioned.  And by conditioned I mean coated my hair in half a bottle of conditioner and waited at least five minutes to wash it out.  Today I am going to tell you about the time I conditioned.... and then shampooed.

Volume seekers tired of being left with stiff, crunchy hair can rejoice thanks to this revolutionary reverse wash system! TRESemmé’s Beauty-Full Volume is rewriting the rules of voluminous hair by reversing the traditional haircare routine. Condition FIRST to soften hair, then shampoo to wash away weight. Your hair is left hair smooth and polished, but still full of bounce. Who says you can't have it all?

Usually I don't wash my hair until it starts to feel a little greasy.  Usually when that happens I lather up my favourite shampoo, feel clean, and then condition.  But no, this time my hair felt a little greasy...so I covered it in conditioner.

First I rinsed my hair with hot water and massaged my scalp a bit.  Then I totally ignored the part where they tell you how many pumps of conditioner to use (because hello look how much hair I have) making sure my hair from root to tip and front to back was coated.  The conditioner had a nice subtle smell to it that I quite liked.  It had less slip than I am use to, and was a bit thinner than usual conditioner.

Next I rinsed it out with warm water and then lathered my hair up with their fruity smelling shampoo. The shampoo bottle is much larger than the conditioner and does not have a pump.  This shampoo really lathers.  Like really, really lathers, and I must say that after covering my hair in conditioner it feels really nice.

Once my hair is fully rinsed and towel dried I add some of the styling product to my hair and use a Tangle Teezer to brush it through.  The funny thing is that once I'm done that step, my hair feels really soft. 

Using conditioner after you shampoo can weigh hair down and leave it flat. TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Reverse System is a game-changing regimen that gives your hair amazing body and bounce. Condition first to soften, then shampoo to wash away the weight.


So does it deliver on volume?  Well I would say yes and no.  On the first day it leaves my hair wavy and full of volume.  Not only full of volume, but also really light and easy to move around.  By the second day my hair can't hold the natural wave any more, or any curl, and it sort of falls flat.  Flat in the sense that is is sort of straight not really wavy, but still with volume.  I found after two weeks using this shampoo that my hair adjusted to the system but remained on the straight side of wavy (usually I am on the curly side of wavy).  

Over all I loves how light this made my hair feel, and how easy it was to style.  I wish it kept more of my natural texture, but as you can see in the photos it was still very presentable without the use of heat or additional styling products. 

*Products were sent for my review, opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment