OOTD | Spring Party featuring dress by Eliza J

Friday 22 April 2016

in

outfit of the day eliza j navy floral dress

This is my first time attempting a "outfit of the day" post.  Earlier this month I attended a big party in my work industry!  I had a blast putting together my outfit for the night, and even more fun catching up with old friends!  Between the open bar and the endless finger foods I ran into friends from all over Canada (seriously-- one guy came in from Manitoba!).  I wish my boyfriend could have joined me, but he had a big exam to study for so I was flying solo.  I showed up alone, but always had a friend to speak to, which I found pretty cool to reflect on.  I did some productive networking, but mostly just had a blast!  Keep reading to find out what I wore and how I styled my outfit!


outfit of the day eliza j navy floral dress

Photos for collage from Sephora, Nordstrom, and Baublebar.

The clear statement piece of this outfit is the dress.  With the bold floral fit and flare skirt, keyhole back and pink belt, how can it not be?  I love this dress because it is comfortable, complete with pockets.  It is modest, without being boring.  It is flattering on my body, and professional with out being stuffy.  I first purchased it when I had to give a speech in front of 1800 people and wanted to look "modest but hottest".  When it came time to pick what I wanted to wear for this party I didn't even think twice!  I love wearing this dress and will be looking for any opportunity to wear it! Honestly it just feels perfect to wear.  I decided to wear the belt backwards because I didn't want the buckle to be visible. It was a very easy modification to make.

Eliza J | Jersey Floral Faille Fit & Flare Dress  CAD $212 (link) / USD $158 (link)
(also similar - floor length dress link)

I always feel that my hair is most flattering to my face when it is down, and I thought it would be a bit too formal to wear it up.  With both of those in mind, I decided to smooth it out and add some soft curls with my favourite curling iron (T3 BodyWaver), and a deep side part.

T3 BodyWaver 1.75" Professional Curling Iron CAD $200 (link)

I decided not to wear a necklace, or any rings, and instead to go with a pair of statement earrings.  At first I thought it may be a bit much (they almost hit my shoulders), but once I put them on it just felt right.  I like that they added some more class and drama with out adding any additional colours to the colour palette.
Baublebar | Earrings Similar/Similar/Similar

bauble bar statement earrings

Wearing my jacket on the way out of the hotel!
I'm sorry that I don't have a good make-up photo... hotel lighting wasn't very good!

And for the make-up.  Of course I did the whole glowey skin/contour/blush/brows thing.  I did a plummy-neutral shimmer smokey eye with black cat's eye eyeliner and a few coats of mascara.  I added a pop of colour with a bright deep pink lipstick.  I think it could have also looked nice with a nude or coral lip.

Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in "Radish" CAD $30 link

Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons palette CAD $59 link

I stuck with plain black flats because let me tell you, this party goes late into the night and I wanted enjoy the night talking with friends and not complaining about my poor feet.  My feet still did hurt by the end of the night, but I would have been miserable in heels.

I don't really consider the purse as part of the outfit... however it is by Kate Spade.  Honestly it was just the purse that I was using that week and I needed something to put my phone in!

I had a total blast at this party, and I felt fantastic in my dress.  I love any chance to get dressed up, and I really did feel my best :)

What do you think of my first OOTD post?  I might do another one while I am in California next month!  Time to go maxi dress shopping?  I think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment