My 2016 Sephora Sale Haul | all of the red lipsticks

Monday 18 April 2016

in
sephora sale haul

The spring Sephora sale just wrapped up, and (almost)* all of my items have arrived.  I did a mix of in-store and on-line purchases and some how I ended up buying only red lipsticks.  You can never have too many, right?

The day the sale launched I went to my local Sephora to make a purchase and get the tote bag.  As it ended up, the tote bag sold out at 11:00 am, and since I am an "adult" with a job and stuff I couldn't really line up before the store opened.  Also, sorry but there wasn't anything in the tote.  It was just a canvass bag and I have 100s of those stuffed in my closet, so no love lost on my end.

I had the Tarte In Bloom palette in my bag, the Too Faced Chocolate Bar, and a new Too Faced bronzer.  I practiced incredible restraint by putting them back because after watching a whole bunch of ipsyOS Generation Beauty hauls I figured there was an okay chance of me getting some great Too Faced swag next month.  I also had my eye on the new Benefit liquid blush, but I am really hoping that ipsy spoils me next month :D I figured if I don't get those items off my wish list then that I can always get them during the 2-3-4x the points event in August.  

sephora sale haul

I ended up buying a lovely matte orange-red from the Estée Edit collection called "Killin' It", a matte Nudestix lip pencil that I have been lusting over for months, "Stiletto" (formerly Satan from the Christmas collection), the Disney x Sephora Minnie Mouse lipstick, and another one of Bite's Amuse Bouche lipsticks in "Gazpacho".  I honestly did not set out to buy so many red lipsticks... it just sort of happened?

best red lipsticks for pale fair skin

In my defence, each of these red lipsticks is different.  I have a matte orange-red, a matte true red, a true red and I mean, Minnie Mouse.

nudestix stiletto satan

nudestix stiletto satan


So first off, I love that this is a Canadian brand.  I also love the quality metal tins that the product comes in--- great for travel.  I actually really like to use them to hold mini eyeliners or hair elastics. The tin comes with a quality mirror, and each product includes a sharpener.  Now the packaging aside, I find this was the easiest to apply of the lipsticks I bought this week.  It is a good size tip, and the product glides onto my lips.  It sets fairly quickly, but gives you enough time to touch up-- important in a matte lipstick.  This lasts all day, while also feeling good on my lips.  Plus, the colour is stunning.  All in all this is a great matte lipstick.

estee edit killin it red orange lipstick

estee edit killin it red orange lipstick

Estée Edit by Estée Lauder | Mattified Lipstick in Killin' It $26 CAD

So, I am not really a fan of the Kardashian-Jenner family...I am however a fan of their make-up. Their contour and brow game is strong.  Anybody who reads my blog should know that I am pretty much obsessed with orange-red matte lipsticks.  They're just so... :).  I love this one because it is a bit brighter than some of the other matte orange-reds I own.  It has impressive staying power and doesn't leave my lips parched.  Also the packaging is dreamy.

PS-- did you hear that Estée next collaboration is with the ever stylish Victoria Beckham?  Love the way Estée Lauder is being brought to a younger generation.

bite amuse bouche gazpacho lipstick

bite amuse bouche gazpacho lipstick

Bite Beauty | Amuse Bouche in Gazpacho $30 CAD

Described as a "true blue red" this lipstick has a slight citrus scent to it.  It has a unique texture that has a bit of a gel element to it.  In one swipe it is totally opaque.  Once this stuff is on, it leaves a stain.  With that in mind I would recommend using a brush if you aren't the most precise of appliers. I found this lipstick had pretty remarkable wear time. And it feels so so good on the lips.

sephora minnie mouse red lipstick

sephora minnie mouse red lipstick


It felt like a sin to wear this lipstick because the imprint was so.  lovely.  So instead I used the back of the lipstick to apply.  I mean how pretty is that little mouse?  (Side note: I'll be in Disney Land next month :D :D :D) This red is lovely.  Not fully opaque like some of the others I have shown today, but it is glossy and so flattering.  Probably the coolest red of the bunch I am showing today.  It feels very comfortable and faces gracefully which is sometimes all you can ask of a red lipstick:  not to be so high maintenance. My reasons for purchasing were 40% red lipstick 60% Minnie Mouse.  Also of note, the bottom of the box gave it a 9 month expiration date which seems a little short to me.  Is this the most unique red lipstick I own?  Yes and no.  No because of the colour but YES because Minnie Mouse.  

If anybody wants to get me the $60something hand mirror from the collection I would love you forever.  

At the time of writing this lipstick was out of stock.  However, the link still worked which gives me some hope that it may come back in stock.

sephora red lipstick swatches

Swatches!

sephora free samples

Free online samples on point!

So there you have it: My 2016 Sephora Sale Haul.  Four (okay, five) red lipsticks.  I'm pretty sure I am next level obsessed, but that's okay.  I feel good in red lipstick.  Which reminds me that many of my friends don't think they can pull it off.  I promise to write a post about that in the near future. Once I have the time I really articulate it.  What did you get in the Sephora Sale this year?

-------------
(sidenotes)

If you are interested you can read my pre-sale, wish list post here.

* (almost) * because I had 1 item shipped from the US store to my friend who lives in the States.  I will get to add that ....other red lipsticks (oops) to my collection when I see her next month :)

For anybody who is curious, here is the wish list I made at the beginning of the sale...

Items I purchased at the Sephora Sale
Items I purchased at the Tarte sale

The Estée Edit by Estée Lauder The Edgiest Kohl Shadowstick Eyeliner/Eyeshadow in Guiltand Royal Scandal | $26

The Estée Edit by Estée Lauder Mattified Lipstick in Killin' It | $26

Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Pepper | $30
*I ended up buying a different lipstick from the same line.

Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Lipstick in 714 | $21
*This is the lipstick that is being shipped to my friend in California.  It went down to $12 on the US site during the sale, but remained full price on the Canadian site.  After the sale was over it went down to $14 on the Canadian site. 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in American Doll | $26

NUDESTIX Intense Matte Lip + Cheek Pencil in Stiletto | $28

Tarte Tartelette In Bloom Eyeshadow Palette | $54

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Eyeshadow Palette | $41

Too Faced The Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette | $59

Benefit Cosmetics Dandelion Dew Baby-Pink Liquid Blush | $36

No comments:

Post a Comment