Empties | August 2014

Saturday 20 September 2014

in
This month was just crazy for me!  I finished up my dream internship, packed up my apartment, moved back home, and went on an amazing week long vacation with my boyfriend.  I finished up a whole lot of minis, and had to leave some *almost* finished products behind.  As much as I love my products...packing up a conditioner with only one or two uses left to transport across Ontario just isn't worth the trouble.  

I am still busy unpacking and getting ready for school, so instead of reviewing every single product I used this month I will just give you the "Sparks Notes" version.


Hair Care



Re-Purchase:

Heathy Sexy Hair Soy Beach Spray - I already bought this in full size.  I love spraying it through my hair after I shower for a quick, cute summery look.
Marc Anthony Conditioner - This is my conditioner.  No question, I have been using it for months!  I love how it takes care of my hair, and keeps it shiny and healthy.  I have noticed so many improvements since I started using this product!
Living Proof Restore Treatment - Wow.  I was blown away with how much I love this conditioner.  I really enjoyed using it twice in one week to help nurture my dry strands after enjoying a dip in a (chlorine) pool.  I was delighted to receive two more of these for free from my most recent Ulta purchase.

No Re-Purchase:

Pantene Shampoos and Conditioners - With samples this size its hard to notice any real benefits.  However I didn't find these were anything special.  They did the job but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy them.
Keratin Oil Deep Conditioner - Despite using this frequently I found no noticeable improvements in the health and shine of my hair.
Macadamia Oil Deep Conditioner - Don't get me wrong...I like this product.  But I just discovered their coconut version...and I LOVE it.




Re-Purchase:

The Face Shop Honey Mask - I love a little luxury in my life.  And for $2?  Yes please.  Love how soft it leaves my skin.
Bioderma Face Water - Simply the best way to remove makeup. Gentle but effective.
Lancome Moistuizer - Don't mess with a good thing.  It keeps my skin healthy and happy.
Julep Bare Face Oil - I love using this to remove my make-up before an evening shower.
Ole Henriksen Face Peel- Wow.
Volcanic Clay Nose Strips- These things really take the gunk out of your pores!


No Re-Purchase:

Balea Face Wipes - These make me tear up and leave my skin red and blotchy :(
Other random small things - Not notable.

Make-up



Re-Purchase:

Hourglass Veil Primer - This product makes my skin velvety soft, but without making it feel heavy.
Dior Nudeskin Foundation 010 - Simple.  When you find your perfect foundation colour you stick with it.  I use this product daily.
Stila Kitten Eyeshadow - Whats not to love about a pearl eyeshadow that is universally flattering and can be used as a highlighter incase of emergancy?
Smashbox BB Cream "Fair" - This BB cream is perfect for casual days.


No Re-Purchase:

Pür Big Look Mascara - Literally impossible to remove.  I had to use 3 different makeup removers before I gave up.



Re-Purchase:

Almande Oil - This smells soooosososososos yummy and keeps my legs soft after I shave.
Lush Products - Can't wait to pick these cuties up later this fall (Lush is expensive!)


No Re-Purchase:

Everything else - Eh?

Samples



Purchase:

Glamglow Thirsty Mud - I got this as a gift from my boyfriend.  I know-- I'm a lucky girl.  Smells like coconut and leaves me super hydrated.
Urban Decay Sin Eyeprimer  - Can be used as a simple all over champagne eyeshadow or as a base for shimmery eyeshadow.  
La Petite Robe Noire EDP - Also a gift from my boyfriend.  It smells so...sexy?  Musky?  Mysterious? Flawless.

Total Empties - 47



All in.

All in I used up 47 products including full sized and sample products.  I found some new favourites and used up some products that were taking up space.  Not too bad!  I'll have to pick up that Ole Henriksen peel once I get through some more of my skin care.

Sorry my posts have been on and off.  My new goal is 2 per week until exam season and then I will reevaluate.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment