The Original Tangle Teezer*

Thursday 11 September 2014

in
I've seen Tangle Teezers in store and in salons and was always curious what the big fuss was about.  So what? Its a hairbrush with out a handle (or so I thought).  I've only recently bumped up my hair care routine from shampoo, conditioner, and styling product so I was really excited when Nail Polish Canada reached out to me and asked if I was interested in reviewing this on my blog.  They even let me pick what colour I wanted!


This brush can be used on wet or dry hair.  It it supposed to be gentle on hair so that breakage is prevented, and it aims to promote shiny, healthy hair.



It fit nicely in the palm of my hand-- sort of like a large computer mouse.  At first, I found it a bit tricky to switch from a "traditional" brush motions to using the Tangle Teezer. The bristles are shorter than I am use to which was a bit hard to work with given the sheer volume of how much hair I have.  However after using it a few times I got the hang of it:  Its all about going slowly and gently. 

When using it on dry hair I found there was much less hair in my brush when I was done which was great!  This brush isn't really suited to styling.  However I really enjoyed using it before I styled my hair.  As an added perk, this brush is fantastic for a scalp massage, especially after taking my hair out of a bun!


I really love the little UK flag that it came with!  But, of course, I accidentally smudged some nail polish on it.


The real benefit of this brush was using it on my hair when it was wet.  It separated each strand with out causing and frizz.  I couldn't stop brushing!  I tossed a bit of hair product in my hair, brushed it some more, put it in a loose pony tail and went to bed.  When I woke up my hair was the softest and silkiest it had been in a while.  And the best part?  It stayed that way all day!  


Much to my delight and surprise I really love this product.  It wasn't a gimmick like I thought it would be.  I love the results of using it after I shower.  This brush has quickly worked its way into my daily routine.  I think it is a great addition to a hair routine that includes deep conditioners and styling treatments.  I highly recommend this product to women looking to maintain long hair or who are working on growing it out.  The less breakage and frizz, the better!  And as a scalp massage tool? Ama-zing.

The Original Tangle Teezer goes for $14.99 and ships free anywhere within Canada when you order from Nail Polish Canada.   

This product was provided free of charge for me to review from the lovely people at Nail Polish Canada.  Opinions are my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment