Essence Liquid Lipstick Collection*

Sunday 22 May 2016

in
Essence Liquid Lipstick swatches

When I first saw these I was really excited because I thought they were matte liquid lipsticks.  And while that is not the case, they are actually really lovely highly pigmented lip glosses.  Keep reading for my thoughts & swatches.
For those following along, today is May 22nd and I am in LA.  According to my pre-planned trip itinerary, today is our Hollywood/Santa Monica/Venice Beach day!  Follow me on Twitter @classyontherun and on Instagram @alanna.victoria for the latest pics from my West Coast adventure!

This lipstick/lipgloss is described as the best of both worlds: the coverage of a lipstick with the shine of a gloss.  Personally I would describe these as a high coverage, opaque lipgloss, but either way they are quite nice.

The packaging is quite clever, with the well for the gloss shaped like a tube of lipstick suspended in a clear plastic tube.  The applicator is a very nice, large paddle doe-foot which is really easy and comfortable to use.  The lids match the colour of the product, which makes them easy to find in your lippie collection.

Essence Liquid Lipstick swatches

As you can see from the swatches they are quite opaque.  There are six glosses in this line, ranging from peachy nudes to bright reds. My favourites are "Show Off" and "Beauty Secret".  These lippies have a slight, vaguely sweet smell/taste to them.  They are not tacky, and have a large plushy foam applicator, which is much nicer than the standard doe-foot.  They aren't very long wearing, but they are easy to re-apply, and quite affordable, coming in at the $3-$4 range.

Essence Liquid Lipstick

Almost Real

I like this nude coloured gloss, though it is not 100% opaque and you can see it slightly settling into the lines on my lips/it is a tiny bit patchy.

Essence Liquid Lipstick

Beauty Secret

One of the better formulas of the line, I like this pretty rosy pink.

Essence Liquid Lipstick

Colour Party

This is probably my least favourite formula.  You can see it separating on my lips, and the blotchy finish.

Essence Liquid Lipstick

Make a Statement

This is a nice brick red with good coverage.  I like this formula!

Essence Liquid Lipstick

Peach Party

I love this colour, though it does bring out some dry patches on my lips.

Essence Liquid Lipstick

Show Off

With out a doubt this is my favourite of the set!  Totally full coverage, and a nice bright red-- my favourite.

For me this collection has some hits and misses.  It seems that the more natural/pale tones are a bit patchy.  Possibly because they are lighter?  Meanwhile, the three darker shades have great coverage and overall great formulas.  Show Off, Make a Statement, and Beauty Secret are all lovely, and affordable additions to your beauty collection.

Have you tried these?  What do you think?

These liquid lipsticks can be purchased at most Shoppers Drug Marts and Loblaws.

*Products were provided for my review, opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment