Empties & Tosses | 2016 Volume 1

Thursday 21 January 2016

in
January 2016 empties

This year I am going to try to do a better job at posting about my empties and tosses.  Why?  Well because if I was able to use up a whole product I probably have something worthwhile to say abut it. Rather than try to do it by month I will just make a post every time my empty bin looks full-ish.  Less stress on me to do it every month, and (hopefully) more posts for you!

January 2016 empties

Skincare

I finished off my current favourite moisturiser, Caudalie's Vinosource Sorbet.  I love how light is on my skin and how easy it is to layer makeup on top of.  It should go without saying that I will be repurchasing, and in fact, already have! I also finished off my holy grail face scrub, Ole Henriksen's Walnut Complexion Scrub.  And I am super happy that it is now sold in a tube-- way more hygienic and will better preserve the product.  Usually with the tub gets to the end it is pretty watery.  I also finished off a deluxe mini of my current favourite night cream: Caudalie Vinoperfect Cell Renewal Night Cream.  It leaves my skin feeling really refreshed, bright and clear in the mornings.  I have already repurchased this in the full size!  As you can probably tell, I love Caudalie.  I got the  mini toner in a gift with purchase set at a Sephora event.  I enjoyed using a toner, and probably should use one regularly.  Maybe this will be the one?

January 2016 empties

Primers

Over the last year or so I have been really focusing on using up all of my primer samples and I am really excited to say that I really only have one full sized primer left, a few samples, and then I can purchase one I love! 

Smashbox Photo Finish is a pretty iconic silicone based primer.  I like it, but I don't love it.  I will continue to use the samples I get but probably won't go out of my way to purchase it.  I use to be obsessed with Hourglass's Mineral Veil primer until it started making me have little baby breakouts on my forehead :(  Needless to say I will not repurchase.  Burberry Fresh Glow is currently my favourite of the samples I have tried and the one I plan on purchasing.  It really gives a nice "lit from within" glow and is really easy on my skin.  My Laura Mercier Protect Foundation Primer expired before I had a chance to finish it. Generally it was good, but not great.  However I really really enjoyed Too Faced Hangover Primer and loved the coconut water.  This is the perfect light weight summer primer and I plan on purchasing it in the future.

So my primer winners?  Burberry Fresh Glow and Too Faced Hangover.

January 2016 empties

Other stuff...

Jergens makes a nice hand lotion.  I would not go out of my way to repurchase, but it did a nice jobs at keeping my hands from being dry messes at my desk.  I would totally pick this up again if it was on hand at Shoppers, but I have basically no brand loyalty when it comes to hand cream.  Glam Glow is obviously an excellent face mask.  I loved having this for travel, and still have a full sized at home.  This didn't become a cult favourite for no reason.  Joe Fresh makes a fine nail polish remover, however the bottle was prone to leaking.  I would not repurchase in this format.  For the first time in my life (I think?) I actually finished a proper perfume.  Marc Jacobs Daisy was my go-to day time perfume, and I plan on repurchasing.  Ideally I will get a set with the pretty bottle and the roller ball.  Here's hoping that Valentines Day does not let me down! I want the bottle for my night stand, but I loved the convenience of having this in a roller ball format.  The yellow hand cream came in a past IPSY bag and it was nice.  As mentioned I have no brand loyalty on hand cream so I would not go out of my way to repurchase.  Finally Lost Boys by Fortune Cookie Soap Company.  It smelled nice and fruity, but I found it left a weird residue, and am not sad to see it go.  Will not repurchase. 
January 2016 empties

Tosses.

My first ever fragrance was "DKNY Be Delicious" and came in a tin with a hand cream.  As a teenager I always felt it was "too special" to use and so I think I used it for semi-formal, once.  Once I hit University I worried it was too old to use.  Now that I have graduated, and the lotion is likely 8 years old, I have it a test and it had got pretty nasty.  So long story short, don't get high end perfume (or makeup!) and only use it for special occasions, because it will go bad.  Lesson learned.  Now I wear high end perfume every single day and life is great.

The Clinique lip gloss was in a gift with purchase and lost one of the caps.  It was double ended.  As for the Bite lip plumper, it has a cinnamon scent, and leaves my lips super tingly.  I never liked it!

I also wanted to share a few other photos with you that I took as I cleaned and packed up my room.

January 2016 empties

Look, I legit used every last drop!

nail polish collection

As a part of moving I sorted all of my nail polishes by brand, and colour. 

beauty and the beast black diamond vhs

I also found some old VHSs of mine.  Some people are asking close to $500 for that copy of Beauty and the Beast on Ebay!  Crazy! So if anybody wants to pay that kind of money for it mine is for sale ;)

Empties total

This post: 23
This year:  23



No comments:

Post a Comment