IPSY | December 2015

Tuesday 19 January 2016

in
ipsy unboxing

The theme of IPSY's December 2015 bag is "For You With Love from IPSY" and I must say, it has been my favourite bag in a while.  See, every few months I think about leaving IPSY and then they give me a bag like this!  IPSY costs $10 USD, with free shipping in the United States.  For Canadians, add $4.95 for shipping, and convert it to CAD, you're looking at about $21 CAD.  Ouch, right?  With the cost of the dollar right now, just, simply, ouch.  Well if you decide to sign up for IPSY obviously I would love if you would use my link.  I hear there is no wait list for the next two days.  Keep reading to see what I got in my bag this month!


ipsy unboxing 2015 december

The Bag this month is shiny, red, quilted plastic, and able to stand up on its own.  I love that it is a bit of a different shape from previous bags, and is spot on for the holidays. 

Marc Anthony Coconut Oil & Shea Butter Deep Conditioning Treatment is one of my go-to deep conditioners from the drug store, and is perfect for travel!  My biggest complaint about it when I buy it at the drug store is that it comes in a single use little packet.  This packaging is great and I hope Shoppers will start to carry it like this! 

Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion is a perfectly nice hand lotion, but pretty boring to find in my IPSY bag. I guess it is useful for the winter though. 

Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Eye Shadow Primer I really wish IPSY would stop carrying junky brands like this one.  Honestly, I only ever see it in subscription boxes and I have never really likes their products.  I won't be testing this. 

Pacifica Power of Love Natural Lipstick in "Sweet One?" is a pretty nude, vegan lipstick.  I found it to be a bit dry when I tried it, but the colour is flattering and generally I like this brand.  It has a bit of a funny smell to it, and so while the brand is a hit for me this specific product is now. 

Peony Cosmetics Shadow Trio basically looks like junk. The packaging is cheap.  The gold colour swatches well, but the rest is pretty lack lustre.  I may pass this on to my teen age cousin, or just toss it...
ipsy unboxing 2015 december

Pacifica Lipstick, Peony trio 

ipsy unboxing 2015 december

Wearing Pacifica

So over all my love for the hair treatment and happiness at getting Pacifica lipstick (over the other options) outweigh my "meh" feelings to the other products.  Generally this month the value isn't there for me, but I enjoy the products and will continue my subscription. 

2 comments:

  1. This bag looks like an awesome selection! I really looove that lipstick! I've been eyeing up Pacifica Lipsticks for a while.

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love getting Pacifica in my IPSY! I got an eyeshadow from them a while ago and it is still one of my go-tos!

      Delete