Riversol Daily Cream Cleanser & Daily Moisturizing Cream*

Monday 6 June 2016

in
riversol skin care review

Earlier this year Riversol reached out to me and offered to send me some products to test and review. After a month or so of testing I have come up with some thoughts and opinions that I wanted to share with you!

Riversol was created by Dr. Jason Rivers for his dermatology patients, and is now available for consumers. Designed specifically for those with sensitive skin, this line is backed by Dr. River’s 30+ years of experience in clinical dermatology.

Their key ingredient is “Beta-T”. Derived from the Pacific Red Cedar Tree, it contains anti-biotic, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. However, it is not often used in skincare both due to its cost and its difficulty to work with.

Hydrating Cream Cleanser | $29

This cleanser is recommended for those who need a little extra moisture. It gently removes make-up and impurities, and rehydrated the skin’s moisture barrier while staying away from stripping the skin of its natural oils. To use this product simply pour a dime sized amount into your wet palm, apply to your face in circular motions and then rinse away with warm water (or cool, if your skin is sensitive!).

I found that this cleanser smelled like fresh, heavy cream. It has a very comforting smell that I quite enjoyed. It was very gentle on my skin, and did a great job at maintaining the moisture that my skin needs. If you have oily skin and enjoy a fresh feeling after you have washed your face, then this is not the cleanser for you (they do offer a foaming gel cleanser though!). However if you battle dryness, and generally are looking for skincare products that help with hydration then this product is great to consider! It left my face feeling nourished, and smooth!

Daily Moisturizing Cream | $49


riversol skin care review

riversol skin care review

This clinical strength moisturising cream is designed for those with dry skin. It provides instant, deep re-hydration and helps repair your skin’s moisture barrier.

I love the soufflé mouse texture of this cream. It has a whipped consistency in the tub, but once it is applied to the skin it feels more like a heavy balm. It takes some time (for me, maybe 4 minutes?) to settle into the skin, but once it does you can’t notice it. This is designed to be used day and night, and a little really goes a long way. I wouldn't describe this product as having a scent. After a month of using it I felt my skin was softer and clearer. I really enjoyed using this in the winter because I felt it protected my skin from the harsh cold and wind.

I called Riversol to check—they are cruelty free and never test on animals. They don’t pretend to be “all natural” or “organic”. They do use some synthetic ingredients, and a number of natural ingredients as well.  However every product is designed to be good for your skin.

These products felt good on my skin, and that always counts for me. I would love to see them come out with a nice face scrub or mask! I recommend these products if you are looking for some good-for-you skin care that is gentle and nourishing. Perfect for those with sensitive skin!

Still not sure if Riversol is the skin care brand for you? They offer four different free sample packs good for 15 days of use. You can choose based on skin type and skin care concern. Even the shipping is free!

Riversol products are available at stores across Canada, and on their website.

*These products were provided by Riversol for my review, and as always all opinions are my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment