Taking Time To Rest & Spring

Thursday 19 March 2015

in

Hey there lovelies!  I know that my posting has not been the best these last few weeks, so I thought I would write up a little post talking about what I have been up to, and what I am looking forward to!
 I have hardly been home this last little while!  Five days in Washington, DC.  Four days in Ottawa.  A long weekend to visit my boyfriend.  Packing, unpacking, laundry, final essays, a strike at school turning everything upside down, getting ready for graduation!

Have you ever been on vacation, having so much fun that you forgot to take photos?  That's sort of where I have been at.  Life has been moving so fast, and with so many moving parts that I have hardly had a moment to sit down and write some beauty posts for myself.  Things have slowed down a bit now (thank you final papers!) so my plan is to get back to regular posting, about three times every week for now, and then once summer hits hopefully I can get back to daily!

Yesterday I took some time to sit at Aroma and catch up with friends.  Let me say that enjoying that hot chocolate pictured above was blissful.  Over the last few days I have watched House of Cards, had some LUSH baths, used a hair mask, handed in all of my assignments, opened some beauty boxes that have arrived, and deliberated about how to spend my Birchbox points.  (Open to suggestions on that front).

I think it is important every now and then to take a break, put away the things that stress you out, and just focus on being content.  I've spent more time going to the gym and am now back to 5x a week, and am toying with the idea of adding a wellness component to my blog.  Lately I have found myself at a bit of a writing block, so if you have any post suggestions let me know!

Over the next week or two I am looking forward to watching Cinderella, posting my subscription boxes, spending some Shoppers Optimum Points, cleaning my room, and going for sushi.  Also!  My grandma's birthday party is this weekend and I can't wait to see my little adorable cousins.

The other thing that I find crazy is just how fast Julep's Maven Reveal rolls around every month.  I mean seriously, is it the 19th already?

Spring has me so excited for skirts and flats, for bold lipstick and floral print.  I loved wearing a skirt today with my coat and not being miserable.  *Needs to buy more dresses*

What does the spring weather have you excited about?

xoxo


Also how pretty are these shoes?  Nordstorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment