Limited Edition | Tarte

Sunday 1 March 2015

in

I am such a sucker for limited edition collections, so needless to say when I spotted this at my local Sephora the other week I had to have it!  I first tried a Tarte blush mini around Christmas and I fell in love.  Keep reading for my thoughts on this sweet little pretty-in-pink collection!



Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in "Celebrated"


Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick in "Ethereal Pink"


Blush:

This blush is best described as a warm nude pink.  It is easy to build, and looks very natural.  I love the pretty sculpted flush it creates!  In the pan it looks much lighter, and more beige than it appears on the skin.  I find it very flattering for fair tones, but would be more cautious for medium and dark tones.  It creates the perfect spring flush! I wish this was in their regular line.

Lipstick:

This lipstick is the perfect companion to its sister blush.  This pinky rose looks pretty and polished.  I think it is the perfect medium between pretty and professional.  I find this lipstick is moisturizing, but that it has a rather poor wear time.  This colour is very natural looking, but with a bit more pink than I am use to.  Again, I wish this was in the regular line!  Also-- love, love, love the minty taste. 

Conclusions:

I am so thrilled I picked up this duo at Sephora! I was on the fence at first, but I have completely fallen in love with the nude blush.  It gives a beautiful flush, but also does a decent job at sculpting my face when I don't have time to contour.  My only complaint about the lipstick is that it has a pretty poor wear time.  However, I love the mint scent so I have no complaints about reapplying it!


Swatches


Free gift from NUDE.


Look at that pretty packaging with the little golden dots.


Ps.  Let's take a moment to remember the packaging.  

What is your favourite Tarte product?

1 comment:

  1. ahhh those are both so gorgeous ! that looks like the perfect everyday blush

    ReplyDelete