Too Faced Sweet Peach | Collection & Look

Tuesday 7 February 2017

in

too faced sweet peach palette collection

Last summer Too Faced's Sweet Peach palette took the beauty world by storm...and I let it pass me by with a big "meh". At the time I had kind of expended my beauty budget, I was trying better to save my money, and warm eyeshadows weren't really a draw. Plus, I didn't really wear peach eyeshadows and honestly, I needed another eyeshadow palette like I needed a hole in my foot. And then, the palette sold out, and I felt nothing. And then, a month or so later, as fall started to set in, I started thinking that I kind of sorta wanted the palette, and that it would be kind of cool if they did a restock. AND, they did. But not just a restock, they made a whole new collection. Everybody was suffering peach fever, peach-a-modium, peach madness. And now I am here, with the whole collection and some thoughts to share with you.
This new collection contains the eyeshadow palette, a cheek palette, a blush, and eight shades of their new lip gloss with peach oil. You can find it at Sephora, Ulta and Too Faced's website.


The Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette comes in an ombre pink/peach tin with a mirror on the inside. The palette has 18 eyeshadows ranging from light neutrals, to warm mid-tone shimmers, to blackened plum and other more intense shadows. It even has a pop of green! On Youtube, Too Faced founder Jarrod explains that the palette was originally intended as a 9-pan (think the PB & J palette) but once they started picking colours they just couldn't stop! The palette is designed to be more than just "peach" as we think of it-- it includes the rich purple near the pit, the green in the leaves, all of the colours that come together to make a beautiful, sweet peach. The shadows are of excellent quality, with my favourites being the shimmery shades. Did I mention it smells like a bag of fuzzy peach candy?

This palette retails for $59 CAD and can be purchased at Sephora.

too faced sweet peach palette collection highlight palette

The Too Faced Sweet Peach Glow Peach-Infused Highlighting Palette looks like a blush, bronzer and highlighter at first glance. The champagne shade makes for a beautiful highlighter on my pale skin. I can use the pink shade as either a blush or a blush topper, though for those with a darker complexion it would probably make for a better blush topper. The darker shade makes for an excellent shimmery bronzer to dust over my face and into my hairline for a pretty glow, though I am sure others could make it work as a beautiful golden highlight. I have seen some complain that it lacks a pigmentation, but I think that is because they are expecting a true blush, bronzer and highlighter. The formula is a touch powdery, but easy to blend, not glittery, the powders leave behind a glowing sheen. This beautiful summer palette smells like peach candy.

This palette retails for $52 and can be purchased at Sephora.

too faced sweet peach palette collection papa dont peach blush

Look at that little peach emoji! The Papa Don't Peach Blush was actually the surprise star of the collection for me! Like her peachy sisters, she smells strongly of peach candy. This re-formulated blush is the perfect peach shade for a natural and glowing look. I love the gentle golden sheen, and how this works so well for an every day look. I have seen girls with other complexions note that it looks beautiful on them, so I think they really did create a universal product. While I have been wearing it a bit this winter, I look forward to wearing it in fresh, natural spring and summer looks! This product comes in a tin compact with a cute little mirror.

This product retails for $30 and can be purchased at Sephora.

too faced sweet peach palette collection lip gloss lip oil

I am a lip product junkie, and while I usually want the whole collection, I always know that there will be some shades that don't look good on me. That's not the case with the Sweet Peach Creamy Peach Lip Oil.  These whipped peach oils have the consistency and feel of a lip gloss, that tastes just like fresh fuzzy peach candy. The formula is super moisturising, but also very light weight.With nudes, peaches, corals and even a brighter red this collection looks pretty similar at first glance, but the swatches show the true variety of shades. Click "play" on the following video to see me apply each one. While matte liquid lipsticks have been #1 for the last little while, I am all ready to embrace lip gloss. I never thought I would go back to them, but there is something so nice and sweet and fresh about a lip gloss for every day wear. Plus, they are just so much more comfortable to wear!

This product retails for $30 CAD and can be purchased at Sephora.

Check out my Instagram video where I try on each colour:


And finally, here is a look I put together wearing Pure Peach on my lips, using the eye shadow palette, the Papa Don't Peach blush and using the highlighting palette with the champagne as a true highlighter, the pink as a blush topper and the bronze as a bronzer. Also wearing Colour Pop's Dope Taupe brow pencil, the Too Faced felt liner pen and Too Faced's Better Than Sex mascara. Foundation is Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Foundation in Fair #2.

I will be sharing this look in a tutorial on my YouTube channel soon, so make sure you subscribe!

too faced sweet peach palette collection look

too faced sweet peach palette collection look

Have you had a chance to try this collection yet? What do you think of it?

These products were sent for my review. Opinions remain my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment