Naked Basics by Urban Decay

Saturday 14 December 2013

in


Packaged in a pretty matte copper coloured case with 3-D text, the Naked Basics Palette contains 5 matte colours and one shade with a slight shimmer.  The packaging, similar to Naked 2 includes a mirror.  However lacks the high quality brush that are included in the larger Naked series packages.  I understand that this is probably a cost and spacing measure, but how sweet would a mini Urban Decay brush be?  Or, in general, a set of Urban Decay brushes.  Anybody know where to find those?



On the lighter end of the palette, Venus (slight shimmer), Foxy (Yellow-nude matte), W.O.S. (Pale pink matte) and Naked 2 (Matte light taupe).



On the darker end of the palette Faint (Matte medium brown) and Crave (Matte black).

                                      

In all of its glory!


Swatches from light to dark.

Currently I own Naked and am really hoping to get Naked 2 for Christmas.  I love, love, love Naked.  But always hesitated to get Naked Basics due to the matte shades.  Last time I went to Sephora, with my $20 holiday promotion gift card (for VIB Rouge) an Urban Decay Artist was in.  I asked her to create a smokey eye for me with this palette because I was unsure about the matte.  With a touch of black in the crease, and a whole lot of blending she created a deep and complex smokey eye (which was rather Adele-like).  The best part was being able to recreate it at home.  

This palette really surprised me.  The mattes are sophisticated and grown-up with out being too "mature", and the shades are easy to blend.  If you have fare skin like me, be careful not to use too much at once as the eyeshadows are quite pigmented, like other Urban Decay products.  This product is best done in layers.

I wish the shimmer was a touch more shimmery.  These colours are also fun to play around with with the other Naked shades.  I am gearing up for a 10 day vacation at the start of January, and am keen to take this with me.  I love products that are easy to travel with, and this one takes up next to no space.  My goal is minimize the amount of make-up that I bring with me as I often over pack (isn't there a saying "Home is where the make up is"... no?  Well there should be.) 

For $32 you can't go wrong with this little palette.  I can't wait to keep playing around with it and seeing what else I can do with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment