Toronto's Winterlicious | Quinn's Steak House Review

Wednesday 3 February 2016

in
toronto winterlicious review

Winterlicious is one of my favourite things about winter in Toronto.  This year, between January 29th and February 11th some of Toronto's best and most up and coming restaurants put on a special Price Fix menu for lunch and dinner. Prices range between $18 and $28 for lunch and $25 and $45 for dinner.
This year there are more than 200 restaurants to choose from.  While most are in the downtown core, there are some options in Scarborough, North York and Etobicoke. You can scroll through the restaurants here, or view them on a map here, to get a feel for what is close to you and what type of food you want.

Last week some of my co-workers suggested we grab a bite at Quinn's Steak House for lunch. Their lunch menu is $23 (+ tax & tip).  You can select one appetizer, one main course and one dessert.  I highlighted my selections.


Quinn's Mixed Baby Greens Salad (vegetarian)
Sun-dried cranberries, sweet peppers, grape tomatoes, sunflower seeds, chickpeas, honey balsamic vinaigrette
or
Chef's Feature Soup (vegetarian/local)
Your server has today's offering
or
Quinn's Caesar Salad
Romaine hearts, crisp pancetta, sourdough croutons, grana padano cheese
-----
Steak Frites
7 oz flat iron AAA Alberta beef, house-cut fresh frites, aioli, café de Paris
or
Grilled Fresh Atlantic Salmon
Bok choy, house-made Yukon crisps, wasabi remoulade
or
Coconut Chicken Curry (local)
Welland Ontario Halal chicken, spiced rice, crisp padadum wafer, mango chutney
or
Steakhouse Burger
6 oz AAA Alberta beef (ground in house), double smoked bacon, Dubliner cheese, house-cut fresh frites
or
Goat Cheese-Stuffed Portobello (vegetarian/local)
Woolwich Ontario goat cheese, penne pasta, sun-dried tomato, pesto sauce, broccolini
-----
Double Chocolate Pecan Fudge Brownie
Chocolate sauce
or
Irish Whiskey Spice Cake
Crème anglaise
or
Berry Almond Crumble (local)
Crème Chantilly

toronto winterlicious review

My meal started off with the Caesar Salad.  I found it to be very light on the dressing, which normally is nice because restaurants really cake on the dressing-- but they went too far.  The massive croûton was yummy.  My friends who ordered the soup really enjoyed it, but the cup was very very small.  

toronto winterlicious review

For my main course I ordered the burger.  It was perfect!  You could tell the beef was high quality, and the fries were delicious.  I liked that the veggies were super fresh, and how my burger fell apart at the very end.  Most of my friends ordered the steak and they quite enjoyed it.  The steak was served over a bed of fries with a herb garlic butter ball on top.   

toronto winterlicious review

For dessert I ordered the crumble.  While it was good, I would have preferred if it was served warm. I thought they did a great job on the crust.

So over all I enjoyed this meal.  The burger made up for the improvements that could have been made to the other dishes.  I'm looking forward to grabbing lunch today at the Museum Tavern.  

Are you going to Winterlicious this year?  Where are your must eat spots? 

No comments:

Post a Comment