Sephora Favourites | Chic It Easy

Tuesday 5 July 2016

in
Sephora Favourites Chic It Easy $33

Thanks to the Canadian Beauty Bloggers Facebook group I was alerted to a fantastic deal on Sephora's website a few weeks ago.  I am a huge fan of Sephora's favourites sets (previous reviews here, here and here) and was thrilled to see another one online that I could buy.
From the get go this box seemed too good to be true-- a full sized YSL Touche Eclat, a full size NARS lipstick, and then a bunch more stuff?  Too.  Good.  To.  Be.  True.  Not wanting to miss out I ordered this on my Sephora ap, and skipped ebates in my rush to get this in my cart.  Shortly after my order confirmation came in, and then my shipping notice.

I don't think that Sephora intended for this set to be sold in Canada.  Not only was there no Canadian price on the box, but I am pretty sure that the packaging was only in English (Canadian products must have packaging in English and French).  The price was an error because despite the fact that I paid $33 CAD for this, the price tag said $49  (assuming USD).  This site is no longer available on the Sephora website (but has popped up from time to time on the US site). 

However, for those that know me you know that I purchase quite a number of things at Sephora, so I don't feel bad.  Finally my years of stalking their website paid off...

My only regret?  Not ordering two.

Like all Sephora Favourites sets this is a multi-branded beauty sampler with a mix of full size and deluxe mini products.  This set is curated to create effortless French looks.  When I think of french makeup I think of bold red lips (check), clean, dewy skin (check, check, check) and bold brows. Natural, but fashion forward. 

chic it easy sephora swatches

Top to Bottom: Laura Mercier, YSL, NARS, MUFE

Achieve minimal makeup, tousled hair, and a pop of red lip colour for enviable beauty with this eight-piece collection.

All values have been calculated in USD because this set is not available in Canada. This set claims a $143 USD value and I could not find a advertised CAD value.Where deluxe mini sized products are available at Sephora I use that price-- usually found in the check out isle.

Update: I have decided to also calculate the CAD value (though I do not have a # to compare it to). The CAD price will be written in blue. 

Atelier Cologne in Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue (0.14 oz) $9.80 USD / $11.20 CAD

This mini perfume spray smells like fresh oranges!  It smells really nice, and I enjoy this brand.  I love their little samples on the post cards that  tell the scent's story and inspiration.  This isn't my favourite from their collection, but I like it and would not have otherwise purchased it.

Caudalie Beauty Elixir (1 oz) $18 USD / $22 CAD

I really enjoy this product because it really awakens my skin.  I actually already use this product, but I like to use it once a day, either in the morning or in the night before applying my moisturiser. It has a fresh minty smell and tingle-- so keep this away from your eyes!

Formula X The Colours Nail Polish in Pyrotechnic (0.13 oz) $3.41 USD / $4.22 CAD

This bright pinky red is so pretty for summer!  I think this would be a great pedicure colour, and I look forward to using it by the pool or at some cute downtown cafe! I love Formula X, but onl yhave the minis from Sephora Favourites sets and from ipsy.

Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk (1 oz) $10 USD /??? This product is restricted on the Canadian site.  Based on other US/Canada prices lets say $14?

This dry shampoo gets quite a mixed review online.  I have used it a few times since this box arrived and while it isn't my #1 favourite I don't really have any complaints.  I will use up the bottle but am not likely to purchase in full size because I have other dry shampoos that I prefer.  I love having a travel sized dry shampoo for when I am spending the weekend away!

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 in Nude (1 oz) $25.88 USD (Based on the full size product) / $26 CAD (because the same colour and size is for sale, but not availiable on the US site)

I want to love this product so badly, however unfortunately it is probably 1 shade too dark on me. Actually.  I checked.  Two shades too dark-- I should be Porcelain.  As you know, I love Sephora favourites sets, but I don't like it when they include colour cosmetics such as brow or foundation products, unless it is possible to customise.  While this product doesn't work for me, it also doesn't work for women with darker complexions.  I will end up passing this along to a friend, or to my cousin, which really is too bad because if this product was in my colour I would love it! It reminds me of the Superstars set they did two years ago that came with a full sized Smashbox BB Cream in light/medium.  I actually did not buy that set because of the foundation colour-- if it had been available in "Fair" I would have bought that set in a heart beat! I justified it this time though because the set was such a great deal.

MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua XL Eye Pencil in M-10 (0.01 oz) $5.25 USD / $6.25 CAD

I have a few eyeliners from this collection and have been really enjoying this particular colour for my water line.  It stays put all day! This pencil is tiny but great for travel.  My only worry is that after a few sharpens it will be too small to use!

NARS Cosmetics Lipstick in Jungle Red (Full-Size) $28 USD / $34 CAD

This lipstick is the winner in the set for me!  I love how bright and summery and bold this red-coral is! One of my friends from highschool Snapchatted me a picture of her wearing this lipstick and I asked her which one-- turns out we BOTH got this set at a super deal... and that this lipstick looks great on both of us! The formula is not totally opaque, and has a nice satin finish.  I find during the summer I tend to lean away from matte lipsticks-- so this is perfect!

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat in No. 2 Luminous Ivory (Full-Size) $42 USD / $50 CAD

I typically use this shade in No. 1.  However I have sampled this shade before and I quite like it. Where No. 1 is a salmon pink, No. 2 is a yellowed ivory.  This is great to add some light under the eyes and to highlight with.  I will probably replace my No. 1 since it ran out, but am happy to have this in my set!  This alone makes the whole set worth it.

USD: Based on my math this set came to $142.34-- so technically if you rounded down $142.  However they may have used a different way to calculate the products that are sold in Deluxe Minis I will say their calculation is accurate.  A pretty good value for $49 USD, though if the YSL or Laura Mercier is not in a shade that you can use this probably is not worth it.

CAD: This came in at a value of $167.67.... and considering I paid $33 this is a great deal! Also I think I figured out why it can't be sold in Canada, other than the packaging... perhaps it has to do with the dry shampoo?

Over all I am really happy that I snagged this set at $33 CAD.  I still think it is a bargain at $49 USD, but at that price I would be disappointed that the Laura Mercier was not the right colour for me.

Did you manage to snag this set? What did you think of it? Let me know if you want to see any more detailed reviews!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment